Old 22-07-2003, 03:20 AM
WD

Default US source for pre-made pmdd

I found http://www.hydroponics.com/info/aquatics/pmdd.htm, but alas, it's in
Canada. Anyone know of a US supplier of pre-mixed PMDD?

--
----
Billy

Old 22-07-2003, 09:43 PM
RedForeman ©®

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

that's where I'll be getting mine....

Old 23-07-2003, 12:32 AM
WD

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

that's where I'll be getting mine....

I got my first batch of 'stuff' from him, minus trace mix, but I'd like to
find a supplier for pre-mixed, like the link I posted.

Old 23-07-2003, 03:22 PM
RedForeman ©®

I got my first batch of 'stuff' from him, minus trace mix, but I'd like to
find a supplier for pre-mixed, like the link I posted.

Is it really that hard to pour the bag into a bottle and shake?? I think it
took me maybe 35 seconds to do, but yeah, I guess the shaking is what took
up most of my time... probably 45 seconds...

And the cost... wow... a whole $6 bucks.... better squeeze that into the
budget somehow... guess I can go without fruit loops for a week... darn
it....

Old 23-07-2003, 05:42 PM
Jeff Lowe

"WD" wrote in message

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua
that's where I'll be getting mine....

I got my first batch of 'stuff' from him, minus trace mix, but I'd like

find a supplier for pre-mixed, like the link I posted.

Is it really that hard to pour the bag into a bottle and shake?? I think

it
took me maybe 35 seconds to do, but yeah, I guess the shaking is what took
up most of my time... probably 45 seconds...

And the cost... wow... a whole $6 bucks.... better squeeze that into the
budget somehow... guess I can go without fruit loops for a week... darn
it....

Umm, at the risk of getting a sarcastic reply to a simple question: where is
the information? I did not see any thing in the posted site about pmdd
availability, with or without trace. You have your flame thrower turned up
full, but you post a link with no salient content.
Jeff

Old 23-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Jody

Try here http://www.threeguysaquatics.com/ They sell both pre-mixed
liquid and dry ingredients.

Jody

Old 23-07-2003, 10:02 PM
RedForeman ©®

"WD" wrote in message

[...]

flame thrower active
He doesn't advertise, he doesn't own a business, he's just
a guy... contact him... should I have spelled it out more? I thought
I did, sorry if you didn't understand....

he posts here frequently, one could always use google to find
it, but some would rather have their hands held and have it done
for them... he just sells bags...you mix it... and it DOES have traces...

sarcastic? you haven't even SEEN sarcastic..... go over to the harley
group...

Old 24-07-2003, 02:02 AM
WD

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message

sarcastic? you haven't even SEEN sarcastic..... go over to the harley
group...

Cripes, man, chill out. If you want to act this way, then *you* go to the
harley group, or .off-ramp, or one of those other groups where people
conduct themselves like savages. You'll do us a favor, as well as make
yourself feel more at home. This group prides itself in the fact that people
conduct themselves like mature adults rather than the aforementioned
savages.
four, so my life has to be made SIMPLE in every facet possible. Second, I'd
rather not have bags of potassium nitrate just sitting around the house for
the 4 year old to locate and eat. Third, the ingredients, trace in
particular, have proven impossible to acquire around here, leaving people
like Dominic to be my only resource. I'm probably going to use Seachem
products instead. I liked the idea of the PMDD, but in the end, the need for
simplicity wins out over the lure of DIY and cost.

billy

Old 24-07-2003, 02:02 AM
WD

"Jody" wrote in message
Try here http://www.threeguysaquatics.com/ They sell both pre-mixed
liquid and dry ingredients.

I'm leaning away from continuing to use PMDD as explained in another post,
but I'll take a good look. Thanks.

billy

Old 24-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Cam

Woohooo...GO WD

Old 24-07-2003, 09:22 PM
RedForeman ©®

Cripes, man, chill out. If you want to act this way, then *you* go to the
harley group, or .off-ramp, or one of those other groups where people
conduct themselves like savages. You'll do us a favor, as well as make
yourself feel more at home. This group prides itself in the fact that

people
conduct themselves like mature adults rather than the aforementioned
savages.

of
four, so my life has to be made SIMPLE in every facet possible. Second,

I'd
rather not have bags of potassium nitrate just sitting around the house

for
the 4 year old to locate and eat. Third, the ingredients, trace in
particular, have proven impossible to acquire around here, leaving people
like Dominic to be my only resource. I'm probably going to use Seachem
products instead. I liked the idea of the PMDD, but in the end, the need

for
simplicity wins out over the lure of DIY and cost.

billy

You picked the only line, out of context that sounded bad... I apologized
the line previous to it...

I simply stated, Dominic sells PMDD in powder form, give him a Mountain Dew
bottle, and he'll premix it... if he won't I would....

That being said, sorry if I over complicated your very simple way of doing
things... didn't mean to.. uh... give you any advice, that might help
someone save some bucks... but obviously you chose to see the negative of
what I said, and brand me a 'bad' guy... ok.. I'll sleep fine tonite...

Lastly, did you read this part??
"He doesn't advertise, he doesn't own a business, he's just
a guy... contact him... should I have spelled it out more? I thought
I did, sorry if you didn't understand...."

I was trying, unsucessfully, to apologize and set things straight... i'd
even mix it for you... but that would be too complicated too.. so danged if
I do... danged if I don't...

Old 25-07-2003, 12:32 AM
WD

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message

That being said, sorry

No blood, no foul. All good.

Old 25-07-2003, 07:12 AM

Try here http://www.threeguysaquatics.com/ They sell both pre-mixed
liquid and dry ingredients.

I'm leaning away from continuing to use PMDD as explained in another post,
but I'll take a good look. Thanks.

billy

You can use the www.litemanu.com place.

They sell

K2SO4
KNO3
KH2PO4
Trace mix.

The total for likely many years of fert's should run 50$ or so.
You'll never buy KH2PO4, traces again till 2013 or longer.

Now you'll note that's four things. Four Simple salts.

You'll mix the trace mix in water.
The other stuff you can with a teaspoon dry. It's very easy to add say
1/4 teaspoon of KNO3 to 20 gallon tank 2-3x a week.

This is what I do and it's not complicated after one or two times.
About like making a simple cooking recipe.

As far as kids, as four olds go, they will think the Crisco is
vanillia cake icing or the infamous "mud pie" experiments and they
know what the Skull and cross bone stickers look like/for and being
told not to eat this etc and place in a secure place with those lock
down containers etc. Do you think the SeaChem products are any
different with this issue? They are not.

But my point is that the PMDD stuff is cheap and it is only four
things really.

Surely folks can handle a teaspoon and four compounds being added to
their tank?

It's also pretty accurate(+,- 1ppm for NO3 etc).

My routine for a 20 gallon tank with high light/CO2:
1/4 teaspoon KNO3 3x a week
1/4 teaspoon K2SO4 *once* a week.
2 rice grain's worth of KH2PO4 3x a week.
Traces = 5mls 3x a week(500mls of DI water + 2 tablespoons of trace
mix).

Weekly 50% water change.

The water changes prevents any build up, the regular dosing every 2-3
days prevents anything from running out. Simple. Keeps the plants well
fed and the nutrients within a good range and very little testing.
For less light, 2x a week for the 3x a week items. Under 2w/gal once a
week.

Less frequency/not dosage if you have fewer plants/lots of fish etc.
More if you have few fish/lots of plants etc.

Pretty simple, pretty cheap, works well.

Regards,
Tom Barr
Old 30-07-2003, 06:32 PM
JL

Tom:

I went to the site listed and found the K2S04, KN03 and KH2PO4. Which item
on the site do you use for the trace elements.

Thanks

Jeryl

m...

Old 14-08-2003, 04:13 AM
Aqua

the information? I did not see any thing in the posted site about pmdd
availability, with or without trace. You have your flame thrower turned up
full, but you post a link with no salient content.

Jeff

Sometime back I was selling some of my excess PMDD ingredients to this group
users and some through aquabid. Currently I have KH2PO4 and some Trace mix.
I bought these items from ECO enterprises WA.
If you need let me know by email (Remove 'kickme')

Regards
Dominic