Old 29-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Tom Izsak

Default Can iron+trace fertilizer spoil?

I ordered PMDD ingredients from a hydroponics website based in Canada
about a year ago. The iron + trace mixture has been starting to smell
really bad lately. Smells a little like a dead fish. Anyone know if
this stuff spoils? Can I still use it or do I need to order a fresh
batch?

Thanks
Old 30-07-2003, 11:33 PM
LeighMo

I ordered PMDD ingredients from a hydroponics website based in Canada
about a year ago. The iron + trace mixture has been starting to smell
really bad lately. Smells a little like a dead fish. Anyone know if
this stuff spoils? Can I still use it or do I need to order a fresh
batch?

The dry powder smells?

I've never heard of the dry powder going bad, but if it smells like a dead
fish, I'd think twice about putting it in my tank.

Leigh

Old 01-08-2003, 04:35 PM
Cheryl Rogers

I ordered some from Homegrown Hydroponics five? years ago and just ran
out. It never smelled bad or harmed my tanks. Something's fishy.

Cheryl Rogers, Membership
Aquatic Gardeners Association

Old 01-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Tom Izsak

Well, it seems to have started smelling when it got hot out. Maybe it
got damp from the humidity, and that in combination with the hot temps
(90+ when the air conditioner is off) started mold and mildew growing
in the bag (although I don't see any).

Old 20-08-2003, 08:22 AM
James M K

Open a lid a keep it in a fridge for few days. It will take out the moisture
and should be fine.

"Tom Izsak" wrote in message
om...
I ordered PMDD ingredients from a hydroponics website based in Canada
about a year ago. The iron + trace mixture has been starting to smell
really bad lately. Smells a little like a dead fish. Anyone know if
this stuff spoils? Can I still use it or do I need to order a fresh
batch?

Thanks

water repellant spoil Fran Farmer Gardening 21 16-02-2014 12:44 AM
Digging pond - can I use spoil for banking? [email protected] United Kingdom 10 20-09-2005 12:40 AM
Adding iron & trace elements Steven Briggs Ponds 3 06-07-2005 06:45 PM
Pond Spoil clokemg United Kingdom 3 06-06-2005 05:12 PM
flourish trace vs iron vs excel? linda mar Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 20-04-2003 07:25 AM