Old 03-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Matt

Default Need advice on foreground plants

I have a 55 gal. tanks with 2 55 watt CF bulbs and I'm looking for a
foreground plant. Something that will fill in all the empty space and will
grow with 2 wpg. Any suggestions?

Old 03-08-2003, 01:12 AM
LeighMo

I have a 55 gal. tanks with 2 55 watt CF bulbs and I'm looking for a
foreground plant. Something that will fill in all the empty space and will
grow with 2 wpg. Any suggestions?

Marsilea quadrifolia:

http://www.floridadriftwood.com/prod...08&1=216&3=246

The pic shows the emersed growth, which is larger and higher than the submersed
growth you'll get in a fishtank. Submersed, Marsilea looks kind of like
Glosso, only it's a darker green. See Erik's great pic he

http://www.e-aquaria.com/exp_eleung.html

It does well in all kinds of lighting. It's even growing underneath the
driftwood in my tank -- basically, in the dark!

If you want a grass-like plant, try Saggitari subulata. I've found it does
well at moderate light.

Leigh

Old 24-08-2003, 08:02 PM
marc

Dwarf sag
Marselia SP,
I have a little of this not much
Poor mans glosso some call it

Marcus
Http://www.Aquatic-store.com This weeks sales co2 tanks
Co2 regulator, bubble counter and needle valve $75.20

Webboard

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php