Old 06-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Keith

Default 7 Gallon Bowfront Lighting

All,

I am planning on finally setting up my 7 gallon Bowfront. I am going
to go with the Eco Complete Substrate.. I think starting off I am
going to stick with low to med light plants. I don't know if I am
going to add Co2 yet or not. I don't want to upgrade the lighting but
I do want to change the bulb to one that is more useful to freshwater
plants. I know the bulb that came standard in the hood is 14 watts and
about 15 inches long, I think. Does anyone have any idea what bulb I
should replace it with?

Thanks,

Keith
Old 06-08-2003, 08:22 PM
~Vicki ~

I use full spectrum lights for reef (sal****er) lighting in my 55g tank.
I also keep low light plants in there and the reef lighting is the best
thing I have ever used. the watts are still 15 but the K is over 7,000.
Fish really seem to stand out too. You should not have any problem
finding them at your LFS as long as they stock supplies for salt water
tanks. If they don't a regular full spectrum light will be just fine
for your sized tank.

Vicki