Old 06-08-2003, 09:42 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default My Clown ate my Anubia bloom....Y?

Walked into the room and saw one of my clowns being frantically chased by
the other... back and forth, but one had a white shell in it's mouth, I
presumed a snail... until I saw that my Anubias, Nana and Barteri that were
blooming at the same time, wonder why, had been devoured by my tenacious
clowns...

Why do they eat them, or do they? They aren't hungry.... bored?

Why do Anubias bloom at the same time??? or do they???

just passing some time in contemplation....

btw, still not lost one oto... wonder why??

Old 06-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Jim Brown

RedForeman ©® wrote in message
nk.net...
Walked into the room and saw one of my clowns being frantically chased by
the other... back and forth, but one had a white shell in it's mouth, I
presumed a snail... until I saw that my Anubias, Nana and Barteri that

were
blooming at the same time, wonder why, had been devoured by my tenacious
clowns...

Why do they eat them, or do they? They aren't hungry.... bored?

Why do Anubias bloom at the same time??? or do they???

just passing some time in contemplation....

btw, still not lost one oto... wonder why??

Since your two types of Anubias are in the same Genus (and may even be the
same plant), their growth requirements are usually similar. If the
conditions are right, then it would be expected that these two (similar)
plants would flower at the same time.
The blooms could just be a new taste sensation for the fish.
Sounds like a good batch of oto's in a proper and healthy aquarium.

Jim

Old 06-08-2003, 11:07 PM
LeighMo

Why do they eat them, or do they? They aren't hungry.... bored?

Anubias flowers must taste good. A lot of people have noted that clown loaches
like to eat anubias flowers. Mine always did, until I moved them to another
tank. Now it's the snails that eat the anubias flowers.

Why do Anubias bloom at the same time??? or do they???

Mine don't.

btw, still not lost one oto... wonder why??

IME, otos are pretty hardy fish. I've never had problems with them dying, even
when first put in the tank.

Leigh

Old 06-08-2003, 11:07 PM
LeighMo

Since your two types of Anubias are in the same Genus (and may even be the
same plant), their growth requirements are usually similar. If the
conditions are right, then it would be expected that these two (similar)
plants would flower at the same time.

Mine didn't, though. I had one anubias that I'd split into two pieces. Both
pieces were planted them in the same 29 gallon tank. They both bloomed, but
usually not together. Sometimes one would have two flowers, but the two
different pieces rarely bloomed at the same time.

Leigh

Old 07-08-2003, 01:43 AM
Dinky

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
nk.net...
Walked into the room and saw one of my clowns being frantically chased by
the other... back and forth, but one had a white shell in it's mouth, I
presumed a snail... until I saw that my Anubias, Nana and Barteri that

were
blooming at the same time, wonder why, had been devoured by my tenacious
clowns...

Why do they eat them, or do they? They aren't hungry.... bored?

Why do Anubias bloom at the same time??? or do they???

My anubias bloom at the same time, and are quickly devoured my pl*cos and
clowns, as well.