Old 08-08-2003, 07:14 PM
Neil Law

Default Foreground vs. background plants?

Ok, I've decided to take the plunge and try a planted tank. Thought I'd start
with my 10 gallon and then move to the other. I've done the research, bought new
gravel and substrate. New filter and heater. Bought new bulbs to raise the
watts/gallon.

About to do the work and now I hear about background vs. foreground plants. What
is the difference? How important is it?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Old 09-08-2003, 12:03 AM
LeighMo

About to do the work and now I hear about background vs. foreground plants.
What
is the difference? How important is it?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

The main difference is height. People like to put the shortest plants in
front, the tallest ones in back. For obvious reasons: so you can see them all.
:-)

Leigh