Old 14-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Poe Lim

Default Snails and Clown Loaches

How do you make your clown loaches eat snails? I have 5 in a 280L aquarium,
and have heaps of ramshorns snail that might have come in with a plant
(although all were bleached) or fish; although they seem happy enough, they
don't seem to take any interest in snails (as in eating them), contrary to
popular wisdom.

Cheers,
Poe

Old 14-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Iain Miller

"Poe Lim" wrote in message
. au...
How do you make your clown loaches eat snails? I have 5 in a 280L

aquarium,
and have heaps of ramshorns snail that might have come in with a plant
(although all were bleached) or fish; although they seem happy enough,

they
don't seem to take any interest in snails (as in eating them), contrary to
popular wisdom.

Don't feed 'em for a few days - they'll get very interested! Also, squash a
few snails agains the glass - once the get the taste for them they will
clean house very quickly.

I.

Old 14-08-2003, 11:11 PM
~Vicki ~

Try to not feed your loaches and squish a few of the snails on the side
of the tank. They should get the idea very soon.

Vicki

Old 24-08-2003, 07:02 PM
marc

Your fish are probably just getting enough food from the flake or
whatever y ou feed them.

Lighten up on feedings

Marcus
Http://www.Aquatic-store.com