Old 14-08-2003, 08:23 PM
E.W. Marshall

Default Light Timers

Can anyone recommend a good, but not pricey, light timer that I can
use? My two "Radio Shack" have quit working, and I'm having trouble
finding a more reliable replacement. I prefer the electronic ones with
battery powered memory. Thanks!
Old 14-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Dave Millman

E.W. Marshall wrote in :

Can anyone recommend a good, but not pricey, light timer that I can
use? My two "Radio Shack" have quit working, and I'm having trouble
finding a more reliable replacement. I prefer the electronic ones with
battery powered memory. Thanks!

Cheap, digital, and reliable: pick any two.

If you want cheap and reliable, go with the rotary style with little red
and green pegs. They last forever.

If you want digital and reliable, increase your budget.

If you want cheap and digital, scratch reliable. But you knew that already,
that's why you posted in the first place!

Old 15-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Dinky

"Dave Millman" dav.e.at.tac.tics.co.m wrote in message

If you want cheap and reliable, go with the rotary style with little red
and green pegs. They last forever.

Agreed, but two of the 3 I own have trouble turning off the lights. The
halide over the 45 turns off....10 seconds....comes back on......flickers
for a sec.....1 minute...then shuts off for good. Irritating.

Old 15-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Poe Lim

Just get a manual timer (the ones I use have sliders at 15 minute
increments, so you can have up to four transitions per hour); simple, cheap,
and no worries about power failure as you still get the normal number of
hour light.

Cheers,
Poe

Old 15-08-2003, 11:32 PM
E.W. Marshall

Thanks for the replies. They are (well some are) exactly what I was
hoping for. I'm off to Home Depot.

Old 21-08-2003, 04:32 AM
Gimpy

Yeah, I picked one up from Home Depot for $15 Canadian.. it's got a ground
on it which is good for bigger lighting fixtures..

Mike

Electronic Timers Andrew Australia 0 22-08-2004 02:25 AM
Hey, where did all of you old-timers from this ng go? J Kolenovsky Texas 6 18-05-2004 07:23 PM
Sprinklers, timers, valves, what are bad/good brands Martin Hirsch Gardening 3 20-06-2003 12:32 AM
Digital Sports Timers/Stopwatches for Field Biology Work Jeffrey L. Hook Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:31 PM
Digital Sports Timers/Stopwatches for Field Biology Work Jeffrey L. Hook Plant Science 0 03-04-2003 07:56 AM