GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Please help ID and get rid of this kind of algae (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/40576-please-help-id-get-rid-kind-algae.html)

Mr. Boesmani 16-08-2003 08:02 PM

Please help ID and get rid of this kind of algae

Photo posted to alt.binaries.aquaria

Can anyone help me id/and or get rid of this stuff? I've tried going with
high quality water (very frequent changes) to try and get rid of it and it
just isn't working. All other algaes are well under control, but not this
stuff. I should mention that it is really only a problem growing amongst my
Java Moss. The pleco seems to eat it a bit, but he also tears off big
pieces of the stuff that are always plugging up my filter. I guess I could
just get rid of the java moss, but my rainbowfish are always breeding in the
stuff so I want to keep it around. Thanks in advance!