GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hornswort (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/40878-hornswort.html)

none 20-08-2003 02:48 AM

Hornswort

is this considered a "weed" or a "plant"?

I can see it both ways. As a weed, because it grows like a MF. but also as
a plant, because it can be useful for soaking up excess nitrates and
phosphates.

Chad

Cammie 20-08-2003 04:03 AM

Hornswort

"none" wrote in message ...
is this considered a "weed" or a "plant"?

I can see it both ways. As a weed, because it grows like a MF. but also

as
a plant, because it can be useful for soaking up excess nitrates and
phosphates.

Chad

Not sure, but it sure is a nice plant. Where all other plants have done bad
or croaked in my tank, Hornswort (and Spiral Val) do great. It's a sturdy
plant to, does not shed or break apart like Cabomba does.

Mike Edwardes 20-08-2003 04:03 AM

Hornswort

In article , "none" wrote:

is this considered a "weed" or a "plant"?

I can see it both ways. As a weed, because it grows like a MF. but also as
a plant, because it can be useful for soaking up excess nitrates and
phosphates.

Chad

A weed is only a plant where you don't want it. The advantage that
hornwort has got over other "weeds" such as duckweed, is that it's easy
to remove.

Mike.
--
Mike Edwardes Tropicals