Old 21-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Sam

Default White Cloud Mountain Minnow Breeding Habits

I have had 3 batches of babies from what I believe to be two breeding pairs
of white cloud mountain minnows in my 10 gallon natural planted tank. There
are currently 9 fish in the tank, but most of them are very small. The
weird thing about this is in all three batches of babies, there have been
only two fry. That is why the fish have bred so many times and I still have
so few fish. Why do you think this is happening? Thank you in advance for
your suggestions.

Old 02-09-2003, 05:12 AM
Mike Edwardes

In article ,
"Sam" wrote:

I have had 3 batches of babies from what I believe to be two breeding pairs
of white cloud mountain minnows in my 10 gallon natural planted tank. There
are currently 9 fish in the tank, but most of them are very small. The
weird thing about this is in all three batches of babies, there have been
only two fry. That is why the fish have bred so many times and I still have
so few fish. Why do you think this is happening? Thank you in advance for
your suggestions.

The parents eat them:
http://mike-edwardes.members.beeb.net/Talbonubes.html

Mike.
--
Mike Edwardes Tropicals
http://mike-edwardes.members.beeb.net
Old 02-09-2003, 07:43 PM
H Hornblower

I have had a line of white clouds going in a planted five
gallon water jug for many years (15 to 20 anyway). They usually get
Tetramin but when the population drops to three or four and they're
looking old I give an occasional mosquito larvae feeding and before
long some fry appear.
I've used both white clouds and bloodfins in such setups, as
they were reputed in Innes' Exotic Aquarium Fishes to be particularly
temperature tolerant. White clouds have worked the best.