Old 21-08-2003, 03:03 AM
Gimpy

Default anything strange about this setup?

30 gal.
80% planted,
no florite substrate, just small fine gravel
110watt lightning
Injected CO2
9 neon tetras, 4 angels, 1 sae,
4 fast growers,
5 swords, 2 large, 3 smaller
2 slow growers
between 1/4 and 1/2 water changes /week
fertilize with tropica master grower 15ml / week
4 ml of liquid iron / week
3 ml of potassium / week

Does this sound like enough fertilizer with this setup? I am increasing the
Iron because it's not high enough, but anything else you can see that I
should do to improve this? add anything? take anything out? I just don't
want a ton of algae in the tank.. I'm new with this 110 watt light and have
to be careful what I add and of how much..

Any suggestions would be great..

Mike

Old 21-08-2003, 03:42 AM
Victor M. Martinez

I would do less water changes...

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old 21-08-2003, 02:22 PM
PérRµ§h ©

"Gimpy" schreef in bericht
ble.rogers.com...

Any suggestions would be great..

KH ? GH ? PO4 ? NO3 ? pH ?

fertilizing is not a matter of how many gallons your tank has, it's a matter
of how much water you change, what's in your tap water and how much pl
nts you have to prune.

example - to the extreem :
If your orignal water contains all the macro's and micro's needed, you do no
water changes and the plants aren't growing ... you don't have to fertilise
anything because nothing is extracted from the system.

Old 21-08-2003, 10:43 PM
LeighMo

9 neon tetras, 4 angels

You mean 4 angels and 9 tasty snacks for them.

Leigh

Old 22-08-2003, 09:42 PM
RedForeman ©®

9 neon tetras, 4 angels

You mean 4 angels and 9 tasty snacks for them.

Aren't the neons also called, Neon Angel Food?

Old 24-08-2003, 08:02 AM
~Vicki ~

Just pay close attention to the label on the new fertilizer and follow
the directions. Keep up with your water change schedule. I change 50%
once and sometimes twice a week. Your fish are used to it and you
probably do not have many dissolved impurities in your water. If you
stop the water changes wait a month and start it back up you may loose
your fish.

Vicki