GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   hornwort growth rates (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/41312-hornwort-growth-rates.html)

Gbruce121 25-08-2003 05:34 AM

hornwort growth rates

hey all..

I just had a quick question. I just got back from petsmart and i picked up
some hornwort for my 29 gal community tank. I really like the way it looks,
and wanted to find out how much of it I should get. The tank could probably
hold three or four plants of the size I had purchased, but I'm not sure if I
can just have the one plant and let it grow. I have, among other fish, a
couple of kissing gouramis and also several fiddler crabs, and the last time I
tried to add plants to it they ate them in about two weeks. Trying this again,
but I wanted to know if hornwort grows as fast as Cabomba, or should I just
keep getting new plants when they eat the old ones?

thanks in advance..

--Josh Bruce

visit my home page at http://hometown.aol.com/gbruce121

Dinky 25-08-2003 05:42 AM

hornwort growth rates

"Gbruce121" wrote in message

[...]

I have known hornwort to grow up to 4 inches in a day. I had it fill a 20
high to the point where the fish were near to panic from a double bunch 12
inches long in less than 3 weeks. It's a weed. Great for lowering nitrates,
LOL!

AQUATIC-STORE.COM 25-08-2003 02:12 PM

hornwort growth rates

This plant will grow like a weed especially if you get some ferts in
the tank. Seachem flourish and excel work great

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale
Eheim 2026 $143
Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75

WEBBOARD

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php