Old 26-08-2003, 04:31 PM
Registered User

Location: North West
Lightbulb Malaysian Trumpet Snails

Hello Everyone,

I've just bumped into this forum whilst surfing for info on MTS's. It's nice to find an aquatic gardening site that's based in the UK :-)

I live in the North West of the UK (well actually North Wales but I work in Manchester) and I'm trying to source some MTS's for my tank. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find some?

I've only ever had pond snails on my plants (I think they're pests btw).

I could do with finding some more Amano shrimps too if anyone has any ideas. My LFS in Manchester (Oasis) has a very patch supply of them (ie non left whenever I go in).

Thanks in advance

Dave C
Old 27-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Flash Wilson

Default Malaysian Trumpet Snails

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:31:41 +0200, DaveC
wrote:
I've just bumped into this forum whilst surfing for info on MTS's.
It's nice to find an aquatic gardening site that's based in the UK :-)

Is it? I always thought the rec. groups were full of americans!

I'm in London

I live in the North West of the UK (well actually North Wales but I
work in Manchester) and I'm trying to source some MTS's for my tank.
Does anyone have any ideas where I can find some?

I've got plenty. Could dig out a few for you. Any ideas on how to
post them, people? Would they be ok in a plastic bag with water in
it, like I send plants?

If that sounds ok drop me a mail. No promises they will be ok in
the post. I'm not sure if it's a great idea or a dreadful one.

--
Flash . o O ( www.gorge.org )
Old 27-08-2003, 08:23 PM
RedForeman ©®

I've got plenty. Could dig out a few for you. Any ideas on how to
post them, people? Would they be ok in a plastic bag with water in
it, like I send plants?

Yeah, I've got about a hundred or so to get rid of, but I'm on the US side
of the pond, but the offer still stands for anyone else... these range from
1/10th of an inch to over 1/2 inch... and plenty of them....

Old 27-08-2003, 11:33 PM
Flash Wilson

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:21:20 -0400, RedForeman ©® wrote:
I've got plenty. Could dig out a few for you. Any ideas on how to
post them, people? Would they be ok in a plastic bag with water in
it, like I send plants?

Yeah, I've got about a hundred or so to get rid of, but I'm on the US side
of the pond, but the offer still stands for anyone else... these range from
1/10th of an inch to over 1/2 inch... and plenty of them....

Ok - if the original poster wants to drop me their mail address
I've got about 10 grownups I can catch and post.

--
Flash Wilson Restaurant, music and gig reviews,
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Pylons, Tube and sponsor children,

Old 28-08-2003, 03:12 AM
Dave Engle

"Flash Wilson" wrote in message
I've got plenty. Could dig out a few for you. Any ideas on how to
post them, people? Would they be ok in a plastic bag with water in
it, like I send plants?

Yeah, I'd stick a bit of newspaper or paper towel in there for them
to hold onto, as well... Maybe some plant clippings as well?
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dave Engle

DFW, TX USA
Independent Associate
Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc.
http://www.prepaidlegal.com/go/dengle

Old 28-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Flash Wilson

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:08:31 -0500, Dave Engle wrote:
"Flash Wilson" wrote in message
.. .
I've got plenty. Could dig out a few for you. Any ideas on how to
post them, people? Would they be ok in a plastic bag with water in
it, like I send plants?

Yeah, I'd stick a bit of newspaper or paper towel in there for them
to hold onto, as well... Maybe some plant clippings as well?

I was going to add an algae tablet

I have 4 in a betta tank that appear at once in the afternoon, but
I'll have to spend a while waiting for the others in the other tanks.
So they will have to have something to eat while they wait. I suppose
I ought to add gravel for them to hide in!

But this is irrelevant as the original poster didn't mail me yet
and I can't post anything without an address!

--
Flash Wilson
"Hard, fast, long. Pick two" - Mike Bristow
Old 28-08-2003, 07:23 PM
Registered User

Location: North West

Thanks guys,

I've been having problems getting back on the site for the last couple of days...am accessing it from work so our link was probably dodgy.

Thanks for the offer of MTS's Flash, much appriciated. I'm just about to mail you now. I'm quite happy to pay for the snails / postage... I reckon they'll be ok packed as you said....STM send their corals/snail/shrimps like this too.

Do they need any special feeding? My tanks are all heavily planted and the fish get mostly fed a combination of flake and sinking tablets. One of my tanks has a couple of largish Clown Loaches (5-6inch), will the snail be OK with them or should I just keep them away from that tank?

Thanks again.

Dave C
Old 28-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Victor M. Martinez

DaveC wrote:
Do they need any special feeding? My tanks are all heavily planted and

Nope. They eat detritus, which is great!

One of my tanks has a couple of largish Clown Loaches (5-6inch), will
the snail be OK with them or should I just keep them away from that
tank?

I would put them in your tank without loaches first. Once they've started
to multiply (and they will), you can add some to your other tank. Do it at
night, to give the snails chance to not be eaten before they burrow.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old 29-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Cam

Is this what we refer to as snail mail ?

--
Kind Regards
Cameron McNeill
"DaveC" wrote in message
news

Thanks guys,

I've been having problems getting back on the site for the last couple
of days...am accessing it from work so our link was probably dodgy.

Thanks for the offer of MTS's Flash, much appriciated. I'm just about
to mail you now. I'm quite happy to pay for the snails / postage... I
reckon they'll be ok packed as you said....STM send their
corals/snail/shrimps like this too.

Do they need any special feeding? My tanks are all heavily planted and
the fish get mostly fed a combination of flake and sinking tablets.
One of my tanks has a couple of largish Clown Loaches (5-6inch), will
the snail be OK with them or should I just keep them away from that
tank?

Thanks again.

Dave C

--
DaveC

Newsgroups

=---

Old 26-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Registered User

Hello, does anyone have any trumpet snails i could have at all?