Old 27-08-2003, 01:14 AM
LeighMo

Default Vallisneria flower

My Val's blooming. At least I think it's a Val. I've got some pics up:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/...881/vallis.htm

I really like this plant, whatever it is. It stays in tight clumps, rather
than spreading all over the tank. And it stays fairly short.

Leigh

Old 27-08-2003, 03:27 AM
kush

LeighMo wrote in message
My Val's blooming. At least I think it's a Val. I've got some pics up:

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/...881/vallis.htm

I really like this plant, whatever it is. It stays in tight clumps,

rather
than spreading all over the tank. And it stays fairly short.

Leigh

Hi, Leigh. That's a sagittaria subulata aka dwarf sag.

Mine bloom quite often. Every once in a while, under intense lighting, an
air bubble will form on the bud and the flower will bloom inside the bubble.

Eventually my dwarf sags always grow to the surface of the water, whatever
height that may be. In small tanks it stays short, in larger tanks it grows
long. It reproduces by runners, but the runners seem to be shorter than the
standard sags.

My most prolific grower! I compost a five gallon bucket of it every month
or so!

kush

Old 27-08-2003, 05:03 AM
Bob Alston

Sure looks a lot like my dwasrf sag also.

--
Bob Alston
918.494.4913

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/

Old 27-08-2003, 12:32 PM
LeighMo

Hi, Leigh. That's a sagittaria subulata aka dwarf sag.

Thanks. I had wondered if it might be, but I have another plant that's
supposedly S. subulata, and it looks very different. It's much shorter, and a
much lighter green. It also grows a lot slower. A natural variation in the
species?

Leigh