GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pressurized or carbo plus?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/41459-pressurized-carbo-plus.html)

Josh 27-08-2003 04:24 AM

pressurized or carbo plus??

Ok, I have got everything but the Co2 system figured out. I cant decide if
I should just get the JBJ kit (with reg, sol..) or get that Carbo Plus
system... anyone have any experience with the carbo plus? and good or bad
on the product... pros for either... cons for either and just your overall
suggustion as to which would be a better choice... thank you so much for
your time! - Josh
btw - the aquarium is a 55g, flourite mix, 130W light

LeighMo 27-08-2003 12:32 PM

pressurized or carbo plus??

Ok, I have got everything but the Co2 system figured out. I cant decide if
I should just get the JBJ kit (with reg, sol..) or get that Carbo Plus
system... anyone have any experience with the carbo plus? and good or bad
on the product... pros for either... cons for either and just your overall
suggustion as to which would be a better choice...

Read my review he

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/.../881/carbo.htm

I'd recommend going with the compressed system. It will be cheaper and easier
in the long term, especially with a tank the size of yours.

Leigh

Iain Miller 27-08-2003 01:33 PM

pressurized or carbo plus??

"Josh" wrote in message
Ok, I have got everything but the Co2 system figured out. I cant decide

if
I should just get the JBJ kit (with reg, sol..) or get that Carbo Plus
system... anyone have any experience with the carbo plus? and good or bad
on the product... pros for either... cons for either and just your overall
suggustion as to which would be a better choice... thank you so much for
your time! - Josh
btw - the aquarium is a 55g, flourite mix, 130W light

Pressurised - especially if you can find a cheap source of CO2 gas bottles.
I'd think your tank is too big for the C+ system anyway.

Aqua 27-08-2003 02:02 PM

pressurized or carbo plus??

Pressurised - especially if you can find a cheap source of CO2 gas

bottles.
I'd think your tank is too big for the C+ system anyway.

I second that. Have a look at http://www.dlink.org/aqua/CO2.html
You can consider clippard needle valve with the above setup.

Regards
Dominic

Bob Alston 27-08-2003 06:22 PM

pressurized or carbo plus??

Take a look at my web site for information on what I use for pressurized co2
and lists of inexpensive sources for tanks and regulators. Also lots of
information on various needle valves.

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/...Pressure%20CO2

--
Bob Alston

AQUATIC-STORE.COM 27-08-2003 09:13 PM

pressurized or carbo plus??

Hello,
this week i am running a sale on co2 tanks if interested

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale
Eheim 2026 $143
Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75

WEBBOARD

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php

AQUATIC-STORE.COM 27-08-2003 09:13 PM

pressurized or carbo plus??

Anything greater than a 29 gal you will not have good results with the
carbo plus
Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale
Eheim 2026 $143
Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75

WEBBOARD

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php

ddaquaria 31-08-2003 03:12 PM

pressurized or carbo plus??

in article , Iain Miller at
wrote on 8/27/03 6:19 AM:

"Josh" wrote in message
Ok, I have got everything but the Co2 system figured out. I cant decide

if
I should just get the JBJ kit (with reg, sol..) or get that Carbo Plus
system... anyone have any experience with the carbo plus? and good or bad
on the product... pros for either... cons for either and just your overall
suggustion as to which would be a better choice... thank you so much for
your time! - Josh
btw - the aquarium is a 55g, flourite mix, 130W light

I would also recommend gas, but I also know it is possible with a carbo plus
on a 55. I sold my 55 to a friend that invested in this and it works well.
I personally would not recommend it due to overall cost. The replacement
cartridge is expensive - in about 1 year you would have paid for a gas
system. With the carbo plus you need to watch your KH, it will be depleted
fast and your water will need some source of KH (like coral, limestone, or
dolomite in the filter)

big D
--
Remove the word ³REMOVE² to reply to me.

Check out my fish site @
http://homepage.mac.com/ddaquaria/ddaquaria/

Or just a whole lot of macro and other aquarium pictures @
http://homepage.mac.com/ddaquaria/

williamstark 12-10-2011 08:44 PM

I awash my 55 to a acquaintance that invested in this and it works well. I alone would not acclaim it due to all-embracing cost. The replacement cartridge is big-ticket - in about 1 year you would accept paid for a gas system. With the carbo additional you charge to watch your KH,