Old 27-08-2003, 02:32 PM
elkq

Default OK....Yeast in the tank

Yep I like many others decided to go with the CO2. I bought a small kit and
when I was installing it I started a siphon by accident and it ended up
sucking some of the yeast solution into the tank and now I cant clear it up
for anything. I waited about a week and a half to see if it would clear up
and did 3 partial water changes during that time. No joy. I then went and
got some chemicals (which I hate to do) and tried 2 different ones to clear
the cloudiness. No joy.
I think it is actually getting worse and it is a white cloudiness not really
like algae bloom but I know the yeast solution has all the makings of a
bacteria feast inside a tank. Can anyone help?

Eric

Old 27-08-2003, 03:02 PM
RedForeman ©®

My suggestion, put the fish into containers, filter them, and drain the
tank... put 25% back in, siphon out gravel and do a good good cleaning....
fill and let sit to see if you got all the yeast out, basically make sure
you do.... and put the fish back in...

Old 27-08-2003, 03:22 PM
elkq

Just to give a better idea of what i am dealing with here I posted a couple
of pictures showing the before and after. This is a 29 gallon tank with a
sand substrate.

http://www.amberlou.com/cloudytank.htm