Old 27-08-2003, 09:03 PM
DOREEN

Default Beginner's questions 2 - plant from internet

Hello! I am a beginner's beginner, I got a 90 gallon tank from my friend
and
want to set up a planted tank with lots of neons...(look like will be
pretty...)

I check around internet but got no inform on this one, should I pre-treat
the plant I am buying befor set them into tank? What kind of treat should I
put on them, wash them?

I put a thin layer of fertilizer (the red stuff from petsmart), and have
some small graval stone on top.

On the other hand, should I use tap water or what?

Thanks a lot!

Doreen

Old 28-08-2003, 02:23 AM
Dave

Hi Doreen;

You may want to read this:

http://faq.thekrib.com/plant.html

Personally I've never bothered with potassium permangenate etc., I
just rinsed my plants in tap water to get off most of the snail eggs.