GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   WTB: Amazon Frogbit (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/41502-wtb-amazon-frogbit.html)

Scott 27-08-2003 10:33 PM

WTB: Amazon Frogbit

Hi. Does anyone know where I can purchase some Amazon Frogbit
(Limnobium laevigatum)? I've tried aquabid.com, eBay and a bunch of
online retailers.

Thanks.

DaveC 28-08-2003 11:26 PM

WTB: Amazon Frogbit

Which side of the pond are you on? I know a fantastic place here in the UK:

http://www.aquaticplants.eu.com (aka Greenline)

I've ordered many plants from them before including frogbit.

Frogbit is quite a cool plant but I had to chuck it all out in the end because I got a massive aphid infestation! I think my Amano shrimps were having a munch too but I couldn't prove it because of the damage the aphids did!

DaveC

[email protected] 29-08-2003 04:19 AM

WTB: Amazon Frogbit

(Scott) wrote in message . com...
Hi. Does anyone know where I can purchase some Amazon Frogbit
(Limnobium laevigatum)? I've tried aquabid.com, eBay and a bunch of
online retailers.

Thanks.

Many places/states in the USA it is illegal, a noxious weed. I can
personally vouch for that! You might want to check the state's
prohibited weed list etc if you live in the USA etc. Some places
simply don't deal with this or Hygrophila polysperma, Hydrillia,
Pistia etc. These are vile weeds in the southern warmer regions. Water
sprite, while also being a weed, might prove more easily obtainable
and will look decent.

Regards,
Tom Barr