Old 02-09-2003, 07:32 AM
Paul

Default plain old fluro

what good is 2 plain-old 8 watt fluro lights in a tank that is 16 inches
high? This is an unused tank and I want to keep a few spare plants in,
will these lights do any good?

Old 02-09-2003, 08:03 AM
Dinky

"Paul" wrote in message
what good is 2 plain-old 8 watt fluro lights in a tank that is 16 inches
high? This is an unused tank and I want to keep a few spare plants in,
will these lights do any good?

Likely, not much good at all. If it's 16 inches high, it's what, 45-55
gallons? You may be able to keep some Java Moss in there.g

Old 02-09-2003, 08:12 AM
Paul

will these lights do any good?

Likely, not much good at all. If it's 16 inches high, it's what, 45-55
gallons? You may be able to keep some Java Moss in there.g

It's a 12 gallon tank... the lights are fairly bright... oh well. what if
they are on for 16 hours a day?

Old 02-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Racf

"Paul" wrote in message
what good is 2 plain-old 8 watt fluro lights in a tank that is 16

inches
high? This is an unused tank and I want to keep a few spare plants

in,
will these lights do any good?

Low to moderate light plants would be ok. It helps to reduce the water
level a bit.....but still you should be fine... If the bulbs are older
than a year or so of continuous use, then get new fresh bulbs...more
light output. They get less bright as they age......and finally will
emit almost no light and the bulb will just glow...a bit...

Old 02-09-2003, 07:43 PM
RedForeman ©®

It's a 12 gallon tank... the lights are fairly bright... oh well. what if
they are on for 16 hours a day?

I wouldn't go more than 12/day to start, any more may help algae to take
off...

Old 03-09-2003, 03:02 AM
LeighMo

oh well. what if
they are on for 16 hours a day?

Nope. Duration can't make up for intensity. Leaving the lights on longer than
12-14 hours a day will just get you algae problems.

Leigh

Plain old Begonia Wendy7 Garden Photos 1 08-08-2007 04:17 PM
there Lydia will learn the dose, and if Will rigidly cleans it too, the carrot will recollect inside the old plain Mark T. O'Doud-MacNab, C.S.I. United Kingdom 0 01-09-2005 03:59 PM
[IBC] For old, Old, OLD members ;-) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 17-05-2005 10:14 PM
Phosphate Problems and fluro tubes. Triffid Farmer Freshwater Aquaria Plants 13 28-08-2004 03:53 AM
plain old sage (salvia officinalis) Hillary Israeli Edible Gardening 5 16-06-2003 05:04 PM