Old 05-09-2003, 03:22 PM
NetMax

Default Goodbye Jim Brown

Passed away in his sleep, Tuesday night, Sept. 2nd.

I don't know of any measurement big enough to record his contribution to
the aquaria hobby, or to measure his generosity in helping those who
asked.

Bye Jim, sleep well.

NetMax

Old 05-09-2003, 03:32 PM
RedForeman ©®

No way....

Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a good man Jim Brown.... Enjoy your time with Linda

You both will be and are missed...

. ..

Old 05-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Donald Kerns

NetMax wrote:

Passed away in his sleep, Tuesday night, Sept. 2nd.

I don't know of any measurement big enough to record his contribution
to the aquaria hobby, or to measure his generosity in helping those
who asked.

Bye Jim, sleep well.

[tears]

Peace be with you and Linda.

-D
--
Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is
pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is
Old 05-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Graham Ramsay

"NetMax"
Passed away in his sleep, Tuesday night, Sept. 2nd.

A member of our aquarist society died this week also.
Both will be missed.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?G3F721FC5

--
Graham Ramsay
You might be a Bright:

Old 05-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Rick

"NetMax" wrote in message
. ..
Passed away in his sleep, Tuesday night, Sept. 2nd.

I don't know of any measurement big enough to record his contribution to
the aquaria hobby, or to measure his generosity in helping those who
asked.

Bye Jim, sleep well.

NetMax

I talked to Jim just after Linda passed away. Jim was ( like many in the
group) a guy willing to spend time with people to help in any way he could.
He will be missed.

Rick

Old 05-09-2003, 07:05 PM
Lady Samsara

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message ...
No way....

Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a good man Jim Brown.... Enjoy your time with Linda

You both will be and are missed...

"NetMax" wrote in message
. ..
Passed away in his sleep, Tuesday night, Sept. 2nd.

I don't know of any measurement big enough to record his contribution to
the aquaria hobby, or to measure his generosity in helping those who
asked.

Bye Jim, sleep well.

NetMax

For me, as a newbie, Jim was always so gracious of his time and
knowledge. I know those beloved creatures we have all lost to
"Rainbow Bridge" will keep him company .
Old 05-09-2003, 07:12 PM
The Madd Hatter

Words cannot express the sorrow I feel at this news. The world is a poorer
place without him.. He was man of generosity, willing to share the depths of
wisdom accumulated over the years. I know I gained a lot of my inspiration
in the hobby from him, as did myriad others. I know one thing though. Jim's
dedication to this hobby was far surpassed by his love and devotion to his
late wife Linda.

Here's to Jim... I hope you found her again. God Bless Your Soul, and may
you rest in peace, friend.

. ..

Old 05-09-2003, 07:32 PM
The Madd Hatter

For those who are interested, here is the Obituary listing.

http://www.durhamobituaries.com/ObituaryListings/

BROWN, Jim -
Suddenly at his home in Newcastle on Wednesday, September 3, 2003, in his
57th year. Devoted husband and best friend of the late Linda (nee Wood).
Father of Debra and her husband Shawn Mills of Stouffville. Son of Milton
Brown and the late Eva. Brother of Jerry, Marge, Marilyn and John. Jim
will be sadly missed by all of his "fishy" friends and his fellow Newcastle
Lions. Friends may call at the NEWCASTLE FUNERAL HOME, 386 Mill St. S.
(just north of 401 at the lights) on Friday, September 12, from 6 to 7:30
p.m. A memorial service will be held in the chapel of the funeral home at
8:00 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 12, with a Lions Service just prior at 7:30 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, donations to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, Canadian
Diabetes Association, or the Lions Foundation would be appreciated by his
family

. ..

Old 05-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Ross Vandegrift

On 2003-09-05, NetMax wrote:
Passed away in his sleep, Tuesday night, Sept. 2nd.

I don't know of any measurement big enough to record his contribution to
the aquaria hobby, or to measure his generosity in helping those who
asked.

Bye Jim, sleep well.

Truely a sad day - Jim did a lot to inspire many people in this hobby,
myself surely included.

Best wishes to all his loved ones. He'll definitely be missed.

--
Ross Vandegrift

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:32 PM
levittd

"NetMax" wrote in message
. ..
Passed away in his sleep, Tuesday night, Sept. 2nd.

I don't know of any measurement big enough to record his contribution to
the aquaria hobby, or to measure his generosity in helping those who
asked.

Bye Jim, sleep well.

NetMax

Thanks for all your help Jim, I doubt there's anyone reading these groups
that hasn't benefitted from your advice at some point. I know I certainly
have.
levittd

Old 06-09-2003, 01:23 AM
D&M

"If nature has made you a giver, your hands are born open, and so is your
heart. And though there may be times when your hands are empty, your heart
is always full, and you can give things out of that." Frances Hodgson
Burnett

"You really should consider a larger tank".... don't think they could build
a tank big enough to suit Jim's desire.

Thanks to Jim, he'll always be in our hearts and our "home", all I have to
do is look around at the monstrousity of tanks in the house and think of
him.

Should we all follow in his footsteps, passing his knowledge to others...
he'll always be here.

Old 06-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Mephistopheles

"NetMax" wrote in
:

Passed away in his sleep, Tuesday night, Sept. 2nd.

I don't know of any measurement big enough to record his contribution
to the aquaria hobby, or to measure his generosity in helping those
who asked.

Bye Jim, sleep well.

NetMax

Too bummed for words. You said it well NetMax.

Meph
Old 06-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Toni

"levittd" wrote in message
. ca...
Thanks for all your help Jim, I doubt there's anyone reading these groups
that hasn't benefitted from your advice at some point. I know I certainly
have.

Hear hear!
One of the few whose posts I read regardless of the topic.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm

Old 06-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Maggie Davey

"NetMax" wrote in message ...
Passed away in his sleep, Tuesday night, Sept. 2nd.

I don't know of any measurement big enough to record his contribution to
the aquaria hobby, or to measure his generosity in helping those who
asked.

Bye Jim, sleep well.

NetMax

His extensive knowledge, his gentle good humour, and his great-heartedness
will be sorely missed.

Maggie

--
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Old 07-09-2003, 01:03 AM
Mark Stone

"NetMax" wrote in message ...
Passed away in his sleep, Tuesday night, Sept. 2nd.

I don't know of any measurement big enough to record his contribution to
the aquaria hobby, or to measure his generosity in helping those who
asked.

Bye Jim, sleep well.

NetMax

Goodbye, friend - . .