Old 06-09-2003, 08:12 PM
ferlin husky

Default Advice for carpet look.

Hi, What kind of plants would be good for a nice carpet look in the
foreground. I have a 30g tank with 55w pc lighting. I will be soon adding
pressurized co2 and a 100% flourite substrate. I know that many of the
"carpet type" plants like Lilaeopsis require high light but 55w is all I can
squeeze into my hood. Most of the light is concentrated in the foreground
of the tank which might make it a little easier. Is there any hope for a
nice patch of luxurious green carpet?

Thank you for fueling my inspiration!

Ferlin

Old 07-09-2003, 01:03 AM
kush

ferlin husky wrote in message
Hi, What kind of plants would be good for a nice carpet look in the
foreground. I have a 30g tank with 55w pc lighting. I will be soon

adding
pressurized co2 and a 100% flourite substrate. I know that many of the
"carpet type" plants like Lilaeopsis require high light but 55w is all I

can
squeeze into my hood. Most of the light is concentrated in the foreground
of the tank which might make it a little easier. Is there any hope for a
nice patch of luxurious green carpet?

Thank you for fueling my inspiration!

Lileaopsis sounds like a good bet to me. A thirty-gallon standard tank is
16+ inches high so, allowing for depth of substrate, your lighting will be
just about a foot above the tips of the blades. 55-watts at about 6700k
will be more than plenty to get a nice, lush carpet at that depth.

kush