Old 09-09-2003, 09:33 PM
RedForeman ©®

Default Sunset Hygro

Anyone know much about this plant? Was told it need iron to produce the
reddish look, or else it's just a pink green plant...

how does it propogate, it's a bunch plant, just snip the top and replant?

Any help is appreciated...

Old 09-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Ron Nelson

It is a stem plant which at least in my tanks it grows like a weed. It likes
to be well lit, dose iron regularly , keep nitrate low (5-10 ppm), and seems
to color up better for me when I keep phosphate above 1 ppm (YMMV on the
phosphate, but that has been my observation in my tanks)... As for
propagating just snip it off and replant.

That's all I know about it...

Ron

Old 09-09-2003, 10:35 PM
Aqua

Anyone know much about this plant? Was told it need iron to produce the
reddish look, or else it's just a pink green plant...

http://www.dlink.org/aqua/image/Hygrophilia_Sunset.jpg
I have this plant. New leaves look pinkish. I am just doing KNO3, K2SO4,
KH2PO4, MgS04, and Trace mix every other day.

how does it propogate, it's a bunch plant, just snip the top and replant?

Like a Weed. Put out roots every node.

Dominic

Old 10-09-2003, 08:43 PM
AQUATIC-STORE.COM

Potassiu and higher lighting will make this plant look stunning,
To get more plants cut off the top of the plant approx 1.5 to 2 inches
or more then replant I have a pretty good pic of it on my website

The white lines that run through it are actually a result of a virus.
Yep you heard me right. Its not a bad thing though

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale
Eheim PRO II 2026 $143
Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75
FORUM

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php