Old 16-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Ben

Default Light Question

Has one used/seen/have an opinion on the:

Jebo 48" (55wx4) Power Compact Lighting

I have just set up a 55 gallon and all it has is the basic lights. I'd
like to get into plants and think i need more light anyway.

TIA,
Ben

Old 16-09-2003, 08:22 PM
RedForeman ©®

If you're running 4 bulbs at 55w totalling 220 watts over a 55g tank, that's
4wpg... hope you're injecting CO2....

just a warning... if no CO2 you go, the algae will grow....

humor
"Dude, he just put on new lights.... break out the sunglasses and the
lightblocker 60"
/humor

Old 16-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Ben

RedForeman ©® wrote:
If you're running 4 bulbs at 55w totalling 220 watts over a 55g tank, that's
4wpg... hope you're injecting CO2....

just a warning... if no CO2 you go, the algae will grow....

I planned to only run 2 bulbs at a time. It comes with 2 x 10000K white
and 2 x Actinic blue. I was going to run the blues at nice and the
whites during the day. That way I have ~2 wpg at any given time.

-Ben

Old 16-09-2003, 09:32 PM
RedForeman ©®

good idea, good luck... it'll look great I'm sure... I've always wanted to
add the blue lights to see what it would look like...

if you think about it, maybe post a pic of it in the binaries group
someday... that'd be great.....

Old 16-09-2003, 11:03 PM
Toni

"Ben" wrote in message
Has one used/seen/have an opinion on the:

Jebo 48" (55wx4) Power Compact Lighting

I have just set up a 55 gallon and all it has is the basic lights. I'd
like to get into plants and think i need more light anyway.

I have a double like that on a 90 gallon but I rarely use the second set of
bulbs. I did try the actinic blues as a nightlight for a bit but found algae
problems with that amount of light. Now the second set sees use as
occasional "bright noonday " sun.

I do *not* use CO2 but do use a fair amount of Flourish products. With this
regimen I have great plant growth and no algae.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm