Old 17-09-2003, 03:16 AM
About Dakota

Default Plants in Remote Areas

Right now I live in Bismarck, North Dakota, for now, and I must admit
there isn't much of a market for live aquatic plants. I was wondering
of some good way to buy them long distance, and what shipping methods
would be best.

Thanks in advance.

AD

Old 17-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Toni

"About Dakota" wrote in message
Right now I live in Bismarck, North Dakota, for now, and I must admit
there isn't much of a market for live aquatic plants. I was wondering
of some good way to buy them long distance, and what shipping methods
would be best.

I have had really excellent experiences buying from http://www.aquabid.com .
It's an auction format where folks with too many plants sell to folks with
too few. "Finny" is the single most impressive vendor I've purchased from on
Aquabid plant wise- super plants and he *labels* everything. Not everyone
does.
Aquabotanic, Florida Driftwood, Arizona Gardens- they're many online aquatic
plant vendors.

My plants usually arrive bagged in individual plastic bags holding a smidgen
of water. I have received plants wrapped in damp newspapers from a few
vendors but all the plants themselves have been great. The method of
shipment isn't as tricky as with live fish- regular Priority mail will do.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm

Old 17-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Guy

About Dakota wrote in message ...
Right now I live in Bismarck, North Dakota, for now, and I must admit
there isn't much of a market for live aquatic plants. I was wondering
of some good way to buy them long distance, and what shipping methods
would be best.

Thanks in advance.

AD

My birthtown - Bismarck. When I last lived there in the '70's,
Larry's Tropical Fish was a gorgeous store with healthy fish and
plants stock. I bet he's not in business anymore.
However, I have found several plants distributors of national level
who are nearby to you. The first two are in Minnesota. No. 3 on this
list is in S. Dakota, I ordered a big group for the initial stocking
of my 55g planted tank a couple of months ago. That was a healthy
nice selection that arrived overnight via US Mail to my Mesa, AZ door.
Except for missing one species on my list (a Sword of the parviflorus
v. Tropica), it worked great. Try one of these.
http://www.fishvet.com/store/order.tmpl
http://www.freshwateraquariumplants.com/
http://www.aquariumplant.com/
Old 18-09-2003, 10:25 PM
AQUATIC-STORE.COM

/The shipper need to ship them moist with DAMP newspaper and MOST
plants do great via priority mail

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale
Eheim PRO II 2026 $143
Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75
FORUM

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php