Old 20-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Arnim

Default plants - how now?

Hello again. I think I've pretty much got my lights, CO2, substrate,
fertilizer, trace elements, and general notion of the type of planted tank I
want all figured out for my big leap. When I set up my 55g tank way back
when, I was intrigued by the notion of a Southeast Asian biotope. I've had
my tank (light-medium) stocked with the typical Asian fish (i.e. cyprinids,
gouramis, loaches, rainbows) and even the plants, albeit artificial. So I
would like to complete the biotope with the real thing on the flora side.
I am now at the point of planning my specific layout and plants. I've come
across several packages offered by online aquatic plant vendors, with one of
them really standing out as being not only a good deal but quality goods
(azgardens). I've also looked at the big online pet supply distributor as
well as my LFS (which is very good) and the PetSmart has live plants -
although their fish aren't any good so why would I believe the plants are
any better? Anyway, I'm leery of the online package just because of the
shipping as well as not seeing what you are getting, imagining small
weakling plants. The DFS warehouse online really doesn't have much of a
selection. Forget PetSmart, My LFS has the real thing but it's pretty
expensive. It would be really nice to get the package online if I were a
little more trusting of it. It would also get my tank pretty well stocked
in one fell swoop. Plus the package is exactly what I'm looking for with
all the plants indigenous to the same place the fish are from... Any
advice?

Arnim