Old 21-09-2003, 01:05 AM
JHudson

Default Thinking about a planted tank

I have a 33gallon tank(was a starter kit) that I was thinking of making into
a planted tank. Without any major upgrades would it be feasible? What are
good sources of plants? Would I have to break down the tank and start from
scratch to make it work? What are good websites are there for planning
tanks? I was thinking plants that need low light and easy to care for so I
wouldn't kill them with ignorance.
Sorry for all the newbie questions, but I just don't know where to start.

--
JHudson
Sure. Fine. Whatever. -Syzygy

Old 21-09-2003, 05:32 AM
Arnim

Hi, I too am a newbie. I don't even have a planted tank although I've made
a lot of plans and have started acquiring things like a lighting upgrade and
CO2 etc. Start here, these links have been invaluable. Read, read, and
then read..

http://www.thekrib.com/
http://fins.actwin.com/aquariafaq.html
http://aquaticconcepts.thekrib.com/

.. .

Old 21-09-2003, 08:03 AM
Robert H

"JHudson" wrote in message ...
I have a 33gallon tank(was a starter kit) that I was thinking of making into
a planted tank. Without any major upgrades would it be feasible? What are
good sources of plants? Would I have to break down the tank and start from
scratch to make it work? What are good websites are there for planning
tanks? I was thinking plants that need low light and easy to care for so I
wouldn't kill them with ignorance.
Sorry for all the newbie questions, but I just don't know where to start.

Hey Cous, try this one

www.aquabotanic.com

Robert Hudson
Old 21-09-2003, 10:22 PM
James M K

According to http://aquaticconcepts.thekrib.com/ temp of water and substrate
in nature is the same. Is it?

"Arnim" wrote in message
.com...
Hi, I too am a newbie. I don't even have a planted tank although I've

made
a lot of plans and have started acquiring things like a lighting upgrade

and
CO2 etc. Start here, these links have been invaluable. Read, read, and
then read..

http://www.thekrib.com/
http://fins.actwin.com/aquariafaq.html
http://aquaticconcepts.thekrib.com/

.. .

Old 22-09-2003, 02:36 AM
Arnim

I think the point was that the conditions in nature are a lot different that
those of your isolated aquarium. Therefore you need to artificially provide
a lot of conditions for a successful planted tank. FWIW