Old 23-09-2003, 03:52 AM
spun 12

Default Anyone want to trade?

Seems every week I'm trimming more and more. I've filled my 75g and
30g. Now this week I actually had to throw away plants. Believe me it
hurt my feelings. I have lots and lots of Rotala Indica, Sunset Hygro,
Jungle Val and a stem plant more like a branch with long sharp
leaves.All are extreme growers. I also have some sword compacta that
I'd be willing to trade. I dont want any money just trade with someone
that has differnt plants. Hope to trade soon all cuttings of indica
and hygro are filled with color. My 75 has 4wpg and it seems to
produce great red tones.
Thanks Matt
Old 23-09-2003, 11:12 AM
McCord Tech

I don't have much to trade yet, I hate to see good plants go to the
landfill. Do you use CO2?

Would you care to mail me your plant scraps?

Jim

om...

Old 23-09-2003, 01:42 PM
jduprie

where ya at?
I've had moderate success with some of my planitngs, and would be willing to
trade, but I'm lazy - if you're not local, I probably wouldn't bother to
deal with packing and PO.. I know myself well enough to know It'd never get
done...

--JD In NH

om...

Old 23-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Emil Krey

I don't have anny to trade but I would consider to pay the shipping
depending where your location is ?

Emil

om...

Old 24-09-2003, 01:30 AM
spun 12

"jduprie" wrote in message news:k5Xbb.553189$Ho3.96456@sccrnsc03...
where ya at?
I've had moderate success with some of my planitngs, and would be willing to
trade, but I'm lazy - if you're not local, I probably wouldn't bother to
deal with packing and PO.. I know myself well enough to know It'd never get
done...

--JD In NH

Im in Illinois. Its really not that hard we'd each pay our own shipping about 5-7 bucks. All I'd do is take a freezer bag with the plants wrapped in wet newspaper. If your not fimiliar with the plants I could mark them for you. What kind of extras do yo

u have?
MB In Il

Old 24-09-2003, 01:30 AM
spun 12

"McCord Tech" wrote in message news:VRUbb.551841$Ho3.96364@sccrnsc03...
I don't have much to trade yet, I hate to see good plants go to the
landfill. Do you use CO2?

Would you care to mail me your plant scraps?

Jim

Jim no offense but I posted in hopes that someone would be willing to trade.

The plants that were thrown away were ones that had been deprived of
light because I had planted trimmings some many times that some plants
began to get brown algea from being to densely planted. I do use c02
injection by compressed gas method. I only use it in my 75 it has 4
wpg. My other tank is 30 and I have only 3/4 of a watt per gal. The
big tank grows em fast. The small one goes slow which I'm starting to
think is a better plan. If nobody wants to trade by Sat. I could try
posting again, I usually clip the plants every week or so.
Matt

Old 24-09-2003, 07:03 AM
About Dakota

I do not have any plants to trade, currently, but I would be willing to
pay shipping. In fact, I do not have any plants at all, and there is
not good local carrier (expesive and very unhealthy). You could also
try posting them on www.aquabid.com

AD in ND

Old 25-09-2003, 03:04 AM
spun 12

"Emil Krey" wrote in message ...
I don't have anny to trade but I would consider to pay the shipping
depending where your location is ?

Emil

I'm really looking for someone to trade with. I know I could always

sell or give them to. I live in Illinios so I dont know what he
shipping would be but Im sure it wont that much. I will post at
aquabid.com if I dont trade.
Thanks for the response.
Old 25-09-2003, 03:25 AM
spun 12

About Dakota wrote in message ...
I do not have any plants to trade, currently, but I would be willing to
pay shipping. In fact, I do not have any plants at all, and there is
not good local carrier (expesive and very unhealthy). You could also
try posting them on www.aquabid.com

AD in ND

Im looking for someone to trade. I am fimiliar w/ aquabid I
look at it often do you? If you dont have any plants at all what kind
of tank do you have? How big,how much light. The plants that I want to
trade are excellent beginer plants. If you wanted to start with these
we could work something out.

MB in IL

Old 25-09-2003, 08:03 AM
About Dakota

I have 2 ten gallon tanks and one 33 gallon. I have had plants before,
but they were almost always in with goldfish...that was before I knew
how destructive those things are. As for the lighting, I'm not sure
exactly what the wpg is (at the moment), but I will be hopefully
upgrading the system. I wans one 10 gallon with live plants to act as a
nursery for bettas and guppies. I will also have 2 more 10 gallons that
are not currently in commission that I might want to start up again.
Basically, as you already gathered, I am a beginner to plants.

Thx

AD