Old 30-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Jim K

Default CO2 Tank Refills

Does anyone know where I can get a 5lb CO2 tank refilled? I've tried the
following types of business with mixed results:

Homebrew store - no
Liquor store - no
Welding supply - only swaps full tanks, and 5lb are special order
Fire extinguisher equipment - yes, but need to drop off
Beverage dispensing - yes, but only one day per week and need to drop off
Sporting goods stores - only paintball cylinders
Hardware stores - only paintball cylinders

Also, any suggestions for securing the tank to keep from tipping over? Are
stands available, similar to those for propane tanks?

Old 30-09-2003, 09:02 PM
RedForeman ©®

"Jim K" wrote in message

Look in your yellow pages, and see if you have a 'gas' company, like where
the welders GET their gas, they have to get it from somewhere, call and
ask... Then call that company and find out where they are... cut out the
middleman....

Also, any suggestions for securing the tank to keep from tipping over?

Are
stands available, similar to those for propane tanks?

If it's inside an enclosure, it'll stand upright without needing held, but
if not, I've seen ppl put them in buckets and that seemed to work....

Old 30-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Jim K

Thanks. Excellent suggestion! Who would have thought to buy gas from a gas
company? I found several companies in my area that will refill a 5lb tank
for $8.00 any day of the week. They're all located in industrial areas, of
course, near the railroad tracks. But at least it's not $15.

Old 30-09-2003, 10:08 PM
RedForeman ©®

that's what I do, I work right next to the largest gas company within 300
miles, real convienent for lunch break fill ups....

never yet has it costed more than $5.40 each time...

om...