Old 02-10-2003, 03:25 AM
Ryan Wilson

Default Plant Deficiencies Database

I am hoping to make a small database of plants with certain known
deficiences. I am currently working on setting up new aquarium site called
www.allthingsaquaria.com

I wish to set this database up on my site. I am asking for the help of a few
of you, if you could send me any pictures of plants with a known defiency it
would be a great help.

The site is not up yet as im still working through some of the basic
scripting..
Any help would be great..
Ryan Wilson

Old 02-10-2003, 04:25 AM
RedForeman ©®

well... much has already been done about this, I'm sure you can do a google
and find the multitude of articles about that, the answers and the sites
that are already there about the known deficiences... Mike Edwards or Chuck
Gadd or others can and have contributed such information...

. cable.rogers.com...

Old 02-10-2003, 04:25 AM
Ryan Wilson

I am aware that this information exists but I am thinking of compiling it
into a database with pictures. I have yet to see this done..I think it would
be useful in trying to determining problems with plants...
Ryan

Old 02-10-2003, 02:42 PM
RedForeman ©®

I am aware that this information exists but I am thinking of compiling it
into a database with pictures. I have yet to see this done..I think it

would
be useful in trying to determining problems with plants...
Ryan

So let me get this straight... You want others, to gather the info and give
it to you, so you can compile it?? Sounds a little lazy to me... I mean,
it's already out there, go get it yourself.... Why ask others to do what
you want??? A little over amitious ya think??

Not trying to be a butt, but like I said, it's already out there, go get it
and do it yourself instead of asking 'us' to send it to you... that's just
lazy...

Old 02-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Ryan Wilson

So let me get this straight... You want others, to gather the info and
give
it to you, so you can compile it?? Sounds a little lazy to me... I mean,
it's already out there, go get it yourself.... Why ask others to do what
you want??? A little over amitious ya think??

Not trying to be a butt, but like I said, it's already out there, go get

it
and do it yourself instead of asking 'us' to send it to you... that's just
lazy...

Wow thanks for the flame.
If you took the time to read my original post you would see that I asked
anyone if they had photos of plants with a known deficiency. I am making a
database that will allow you to click on a deficiency and it will show you
what I plant looks like when it is in that state. I never asked anyone to
collect information, or even implyed that. I have yet to see any database
with pictures as well. Even if their was im sure they would be impressed by
me right clicking and stealing their images..And im sure Chuck would be
equally impressed if I copyed and pasted his info onto my site..

Sorry for wanting to contribute to the community
Ryan

Old 03-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Cam

Hey Red

I think your flame is uncalled for. Have you ever tried to build a website
relating to the aquatic industry???? As you may or may not know there are
copyright laws, and stealing/plageurising other aquatic websites is just
plain rude. So unless you have a digital camera and alot of time on your
hands to take the pics of plants/fishes you're basically stuck. I think what
Ryan is doing is the perfect way to go about it...and he's getting the
community involved and he will more than likely supply everyone here with
the link as soon as its up, possibly even with details on who supplied the
pic/article. Thus EVERYONE benefits, and ownership issues of pics etc. is
avoided. I say go for it Ryan.

Old 03-10-2003, 01:42 PM
Graham Ramsay

"Ryan Wilson" wrote
I wish to set this database up on my site. I am asking for the help of a few
of you, if you could send me any pictures of plants with a known defiency it
would be a great help.

Good idea. I'll trade you.
You can have this image if you let me know
what is wrong with it :-))

http://www.ibrox.freeserve.co.uk/images/hygro.gif

--
Graham Ramsay

Old 03-10-2003, 02:22 PM
RedForeman ©®

Why does what one person think matter anyway??? I'm a nobody in here, and
only offer opinions... If you wanna go make this thing, GO FOR IT!!! Have
fun, someone will benefit from it...

ogers.com...

Old 03-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Dave Millman

Ryan Wilson wrote:

I am making a
database that will allow you to click on a deficiency and it will show you
what I plant looks like when it is in that state.

Ryan,

Great idea. Here's a suggestion: Since indexes of deficiency symptoms already
exist in text format, why don't you do yours in photo format? In other words,
just the opposite of what you describe above: click on a picture that shows a
symptom that looks like the one in your plants, get back the types of nutrient
deficiencies that cause it.

Here are the links that other flamers, sorry, correspondents were too busy to
give you:

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertil...eficiency.html

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_nutrient.htm

Old 03-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Ryan Wilson

Great idea. Here's a suggestion: Since indexes of deficiency symptoms

already
exist in text format, why don't you do yours in photo format? In other

words,
just the opposite of what you describe above: click on a picture that

shows a
symptom that looks like the one in your plants, get back the types of

nutrient
deficiencies that cause it.

Here are the links that other flamers, sorry, correspondents were too busy

give you:

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertil...eficiency.html

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_nutrient.htm

Thanks for the input ..Im glad someone is interested Thats a very good
idea...Now I just need pictures
Ryan

Old 04-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Piotr Baszucki (SRWiA)

Hello Ryan,

W li¶cie datowanym 4 paĽdziernika 2003 (00:02:31) można przeczytać:

Wilson Thanks for the input ..Im glad someone is interested Thats a very good
Wilson idea...Now I just need pictures
Wilson Ryan

One of the examples you can find here (polish site):

http://www.holenderskie.aip.pl/nawozenie/niedobory1/

Feel free to use it as long as there be an information about the
source.

--
Pozdrawiam,
Piotr Baszucki )

Old 05-10-2003, 11:32 AM
Philippe Lemaire \(remove oldies\)

Looks great BUT my Polish is too bad...

However since I add CO2 to my tank nearly all plants are doing well
BUT H. zosterifolia melting frequently.

Any idea for most nutriments are rather too much than too little ?

Philippe