Old 03-10-2003, 05:12 PM
gizmo

Default Hagen CO2 system

Well I use 2 of the Hagen naturafin CO2 systems in my 100 planted gallon
tank - I know this is not enough but I am a bit scared using CO2 bottles as
for safety reasons..
The plants look green and ok, but I still think they do grow a bit slow.
I know the hagen system are designed for much smaller tanks, my question
is...
Shell I add 2 more of these system or shell I upgrade to a pressurized
professional CO2 system, which someday my little boy would want to start
playing with it...? (Or am I a little bit paranoid here)
(The tank on the beginning did not even had the CO2 system and plants grew
pretty well, So its kind of hard to tell the difference with the haggen
system.
I also use 4 florescent tubes (36watts each) all with reflectors.
gravel has Sera planted compounds in it, and I sometime add gravel
fertilizers myself.
I also use liquid fertilizers on a daily basis.
Didn't yet measure the CO2 level in the water but I am sure its not enough.
I just want my plants to grow faster.
Sorry for the long message.

gizmo

Old 04-10-2003, 06:26 AM
-=Almazick=-

Go with pressurized CO2. It'll cost you around or over $100 but it'll save
ya some troubles in the future.

Old 05-10-2003, 02:08 AM
gizmo

What about snails entering the CO2 diffuser and blocking it ?
Is there a workaround on that ?
10x

gizmo

Old 05-10-2003, 02:42 AM
-=Almazick=-

Don't worry about it. They'll go away in a day or two. The whole point to
keep bubbles in the tank as long as it takes.