GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Easy and complete CO2 system? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/44793-easy-complete-co2-system.html)

Toni 05-10-2003 11:02 AM

Easy and complete CO2 system?

I apologize in advance as I know I asked about this before. I've searched my
files, Googled, and visited every forum I've ever posted on and can't find
it.

I want an easy to install CO2 system for a 90 gallon tank. I want every
piece I will need to come in the one order- I do *not* want to be chasing
all over town for a valve or a fitting (aside from the tank itself). I want
every check valve, needle valve, and piece of tubing I could conceivably
need to be included. Any pre-assembly of confusing parts would be
appreciated. I want good quality components that will last, and I want to
buy it from a vendor I can get in touch with in case I screw even this up.
I am looking for as close to a "plug and play" system as exists.

Any suggestions regarding systems and/or vendors?

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm

Boris 05-10-2003 07:02 PM

Easy and complete CO2 system?

Do a google search stating DIY co2... Here are a few hits:

http://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html#2

http://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html#2

cheers,
Boris

link.net...

Dave Millman 07-10-2003 08:32 PM

Boris wrote:

Do a google search stating DIY co2... Here are a few hits:

DIY is a truly horrible idea for a 90 gallon tank. The upper limit for DIY is
probabaly 30-40 gallons, for which two, two-liter bottles alternated weekly is
sufficient. At 90 gallons, you'd probably need 4 or more, 2 liter bottles,
changed frequently. At that rate, you could recover the cost of pressurized CO2
in just a year or so.

Here's a truly great system (I have it):
http://www.floridadriftwood.com/prod...217&1=252&3=55
It includes everything except a tank. it has a power reactor, which works really
well.

If you have a cannister filter, you do not need the power reactor. You want this
one:
http://www.floridadriftwood.com/prod...17&1=252&3=556

Other vendors have similar products.

AQUATIC-STORE.COM 07-10-2003 09:47 PM

Easy and complete CO2 system?

If still looking email me or check out my combos on the website!!!

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale
Power compact bulbs and MH the lowest on the net
Eheim PRO II 2026 $143
Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75
FORUM

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 17:20:29 GMT, "Boris" wrote:

Do a google search stating DIY co2... Here are a few hits:

http://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html#2

http://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html#2

cheers,
Boris

hlink.net...

Toni 07-10-2003 10:10 PM

"AQUATIC-STORE.COM" sales a@t aquatic-store.com wrote in message
If still looking email me or check out my combos on the website!!!

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Definitely in the running...

Toni 07-10-2003 10:25 PM

"Dave Millman" wrote in message

DIY is a truly horrible idea for a 90 gallon tank. The upper limit for DIY

is
probabaly 30-40 gallons, for which two, two-liter bottles alternated

weekly is
sufficient. At 90 gallons, you'd probably need 4 or more, 2 liter bottles,
changed frequently. At that rate, you could recover the cost of

pressurized CO2
in just a year or so.

Yes, *I* did know that- thought maybe the responder didn't notice the size.

Here's a truly great system (I have it):
http://www.floridadriftwood.com/prod...217&1=252&3=55
It includes everything except a tank. it has a power reactor, which works

really
well.

If you have a cannister filter, you do not need the power reactor. You

want this
one:
http://www.floridadriftwood.com/prod...17&1=252&3=556

Thanks for noting the differences.
The tank will be running an Eheim 2028.
There's a 2026 on it now but that will be upgraded along with the CO2.

I gotta tell ya though that my eyes still tend to cross over when I review
the accessories- I know that the controller is a pricey option and maybe not
necessary, but I'm not clear on why I don't need a reactor, or a visual
indicator (?) or why not just get the $229 one and be done with it. And
tubing- where is that in there?
See?

Call me weird but I'd rather spend $50 too much and get everything (vendors
gotta love that one) than save $20 and spend a day shopping in trade stores.
I *hate* shopping.

I hate even more assembling unfamiliar stuff.

AQUATIC-STORE.COM 07-10-2003 10:25 PM

Easy and complete CO2 system?

BYTW nice discus and moss balls, Your tank is looking good.
My biggest ball is almost the size of a baseball

On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 21:04:50 GMT, "Toni" wrote:

.. .

Jim K 08-10-2003 01:02 PM

Easy and complete CO2 system?

I purchased the Milwaukee regulator and controller package from
Aquatic-Store and have been very happy with it so far. The regulator has
everything in one - dual guages, solenoid, needle valve, backflow valve and
bubble counter. I have passive reactor from Plant Guild connected to the
outflow of my Eheim canister filter and it seems to work great. And by the
way, I shopped around quite a bit and Aquatic-Store definitely had the best
prices by far. I did purchase an aluminum co2 tank from The Beverage
Factory and had it filled locally at an industrial gas/welding supply
company.

link.net...