Old 20-10-2003, 05:42 AM
JazzyB!

Default Any Canadian Online Fish Stores?

Sorry for the crosspost. I'm looking for an online tropical fish store that
sells online but is based in Canada. If you know of any links please post
them or email them to me at: jazzybjazzy AT hotmail .com

Old 21-10-2003, 12:02 AM
spun 12

"You could try BigAlsonline.com. Their based in Canada. Are you
looking for mail order fish? I'm not sure they have that but they do
have alot.

Matt in IL

Old 21-10-2003, 03:32 AM
JazzyB!

Is NetMax based in Canada or the US?
wrote in message
om...

. com...

JazzyB!" wrote in message

Sorry for the crosspost. I'm looking for an online tropical fish

store that
sells online but is based in Canada. If you know of any links please

post
them or email them to me at: jazzybjazzy AT hotmail .com

try
http://www.mops.on.ca/
u can call dave i found him helpfull
i have never asked him about fish
try and get netmax see if he has a (online)store or will ship
les

Old 21-10-2003, 02:32 PM
NetMax

"JazzyB!" wrote in message
Is NetMax based in Canada or the US?
wrote in message
om...

. com...

JazzyB!" wrote in message

Sorry for the crosspost. I'm looking for an online tropical fish

store that
sells online but is based in Canada. If you know of any links

please
post
them or email them to me at: jazzybjazzy AT hotmail .com

try
http://www.mops.on.ca/
u can call dave i found him helpfull
i have never asked him about fish
try and get netmax see if he has a (online)store or will ship
les

AFAIK, there isn't any Canadian on-line fish vendor which deals in all
types of fish. There are specialty outfits such as deltaguppies.com
(Ontario) and I recall there was a cichlid operation in BC. Others
emerge periodically, or existing breeders try their hands at a little
on-line business, but if they can, there are less expensive ways to sell
their fish. I suggest you: i) search the Google newsgroup archives
http://www.google.com/grphp , ii) search & contact the associations &
clubs http://www.aquasite.com/community/club/club.shtml
http://www.caoac.on.ca/ or search the web (ie: Google) for suppliers.

Also consider whether you shouldn't just be buying them from a
sympathetic retailer. I take special orders all the time, and I have
access to many wholesalers and trans-shippers (as would any retail
operation). Another option is to list the particular fishes you are
looking for. Someone in the ng might be able to direct or supply you.
Indicate the city you live in and the range you are willing to travel.

cheers & luck
NetMax

Old 21-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Mark

Where in Canada are you located?

--

Mark
http://www.cichliddomain.com

Old 21-10-2003, 04:02 PM
JazzyB!

Halifax.

Old 21-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Mark

Have you tried the CRLCA out of Guelph, Ontario? They have Malawi and
Tanganyikan cichlids.

--

Mark
http://www.cichliddomain.com

"JazzyB!" wrote in message
Halifax.

Old 30-10-2003, 04:42 AM
LoaderLady

Did you find what you were looking for? I've been looking for goldfish in
Canada, and that's hard enough. There is Fish Sempai in Toronto, but they
are expensive and out of my league at the moment.

Old 30-10-2003, 08:02 AM
JazzyB!

That's strange that you can't find goldfish in Canada. They are probably
the most popular fish in every fish store. Was there a particular type of
goldfish you were looking for? I know that Aqua Creations in Halifax will
ship mail-order if you contact them. I can't vouch for their prices being
typically mail-order though.

Old 31-10-2003, 03:22 PM
LoaderLady

Another place to look is www.aquabid.com. They sometimes have fish which
will ship to Canada.

Old 31-10-2003, 04:42 PM
JazzyB!

But I hear there are restrictions from the US Fish and Wildlife department
on exporting live animals such as fish. Wouldn't that make purchasing from
US sellers a tad on the expensive side if you're buying from Canada??
.. .