GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   CO2 - Aqualine Buschke, Milwaukee, or Aqua Medic? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/46037-co2-aqualine-buschke-milwaukee-aqua-medic.html)

Sidney 24-10-2003 02:22 AM

CO2 - Aqualine Buschke, Milwaukee, or Aqua Medic?

I'm looking for a complete CO2 system with a solenoid valve, without the CO2
bottle/tank or a PH controller (yet ;-).

These three companies seem to be the "main stream" setups and are all
relatively close in terms of price. Are they relatively close in terms of
performance? Finding factual differentiation has proven fruitless. Is
chrome plating worthwhile considering the minor perceived cost increase?
Should I just shop based on price alone?

Are there other places I should look? Other brands or options to consider?

THANKS!
Sid

Bob Alston 24-10-2003 04:32 AM

CO2 - Aqualine Buschke, Milwaukee, or Aqua Medic?

Take a look at the material I have assembled on High Pressure CO2

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/...Pressure%20CO2

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com

gizmo 24-10-2003 05:32 PM

CO2 - Aqualine Buschke, Milwaukee, or Aqua Medic?

Did you take a look at the Eheim System ?
http://www.eheim.com

gizmo

Bob Alston 25-10-2003 12:32 AM

CO2 - Aqualine Buschke, Milwaukee, or Aqua Medic?

I don't think that Eheim makes co2 systems.

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com

gizmo 25-10-2003 11:02 AM

CO2 - Aqualine Buschke, Milwaukee, or Aqua Medic?

Just found this page....
http://www.eheim.com/technik_co2technik.htm

Bob Alston 25-10-2003 03:22 PM

CO2 - Aqualine Buschke, Milwaukee, or Aqua Medic?

OK I also found it here

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=6&pCatId=4640

Never heard of it before and I try to keep up on everything related to
aquarium co2!

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com

Aquatic-Store.com 28-10-2003 03:22 PM

CO2 - Aqualine Buschke, Milwaukee, or Aqua Medic?

I suggest the milwaukee as the price is the lowest and they come with
a 2 year warrenty.

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale
Power compact bulbs and MH the lowest on the net
Eheim PRO II 2026 $143
Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75
FORUM

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php

Robert H 29-10-2003 09:12 AM

CO2 - Aqualine Buschke, Milwaukee, or Aqua Medic?

"Sidney" wrote in message news:04%lb.40960$hp5.10546@fed1read04...
I'm looking for a complete CO2 system with a solenoid valve, without the CO2
bottle/tank or a PH controller (yet ;-).

These three companies seem to be the "main stream" setups and are all
relatively close in terms of price. Are they relatively close in terms of
performance? Finding factual differentiation has proven fruitless. Is
chrome plating worthwhile considering the minor perceived cost increase?
Should I just shop based on price alone?

Are there other places I should look? Other brands or options to consider?

THANKS!
Sid

Aqualine and Aqua Medic are the same company now. At least in the USA,
Aqua medic has discontinued the aqualine chrome plated and now has a
regulator with AB plastic housing. The main difference between the
Aqua medic regulator and the Milwaukee is that the Aquamedic is a
fixed working pressure, (low pressure regulator) and the Milwaukee is
not. The Milwaukee also includes a bubble counter and solenoid
attached to the regulator, and it does have a two year waranty. The
JBJ regulator is simular to the Milwaukee except it is a fixed working
pressure.

Robert Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com