GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mega Tropical Fish and Aquatic Plants Auction, San Diego, CA (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/46388-mega-tropical-fish-aquatic-plants-auction-san-diego-ca.html)

SanDiegoFishes 30-10-2003 11:05 PM

Mega Tropical Fish and Aquatic Plants Auction, San Diego, CA

MEGA TROPICAL FISH AUCTION & FISH SHOW!! November is the biggest month of the
year for The San Diego Tropical Fish Society, because we have our big yearly
tropical fish show in Balboa Park and then the following week we have the HUGE,

MEGA AUCTION! If you like tropical fish, you do not want to miss either of
these events, cause they are going to ROCK!! So, here are the details, print
them out and you will be all set!

November 1st and 2nd (Saturday and Sunday) from 10 am -4pm in room 101 of the
Casa del Prado in Balboa Park, San Diego is the Big Tropical Fish Show. It is
free to the public, so everyone come down and check it out! There will be
awesome tropical fish, marine fish, planted tanks, etc. and although not set
yet, the Killifish club may be showing killifish at the same time too!

November 9th, (Sunday) is the HUGE YEARLY TROPICAL FISH AUCTION!! You cannot
miss this one, hundreds of fish, aquatic plants, tanks, supplies,
Invertebrates, etc., are auctioned off and they go CHEAP!! Rare fish that you
only ever see in books show up at these auctions, same with plants. The bidding

starts PROMPTLY at 7:00 PM, but I suggest you get there no later than 6:30 so
you can look through all the items and write down what you want to bid on.
Again, attendance to this event is free, bring cash! The auction is also going
to be in room 101 of the Casa del Prado in Balboa Park, San Diego. (By the San
Diego Zoo)

Got Questions?? You can call our information line at (619)281-FISH or email me
at or check our website at www.sandiegotropicalfish.com
I also have a map of the area and where the Casa Del Prado is, so if you would
like the map, email me and I will send it to you ASAP!
WRITE ALL THIS DOWN FOLKS, you do not want to miss either of these events, they

only happen once a year!!!!!

Sidney 31-10-2003 02:22 AM

Mega Tropical Fish and Aquatic Plants Auction, San Diego, CA

So the fires and smoke aren't impacting the weekend activities? That's good
news for me ;-)

"SanDiegoFishes" wrote in message
[...]

at or check our website at

www.sandiegotropicalfish.com

SanDiegoFishes 01-11-2003 08:42 AM

Mega Tropical Fish and Aquatic Plants Auction, San Diego, CA

So the fires and smoke aren't impacting the weekend activities? That's good
news for me ;-)

The show is on, although quite a bit smaller than anticipated, too many people
were impacted by the fires. So check it out if you are in the area of course
:)

SanDiegoFishes 04-11-2003 01:03 AM

Mega Tropical Fish and Aquatic Plants Auction, San Diego, CA

Here is a partial, and I do mean partial (!) list of some of the fish I know
will be the

plecos
catfish
discus
Koi Angels
south american cichlids
african cichlids
apistogrammas
wild livebearers like:
wild swordtails, halfbeaks,platies, gambusia, heterandria formosa, goodeids,
ameca splendans,poeciliopsis gracilis, maylands mollies, other poecilia, etc
show guppies
bettas
anabantoids
rainbows
oddballs
killifish
invertabrates
pomacea bridgessi snails (don't eat plants)
tons more types of fish
huge amount of aquatic plants, many rare
and just a ton of fish that you never see in stores.
Then there will be tanks, supplies, food, stands, lights, filters, medicines,
live food cultures like daphnia, microworms, etc, books, magazines, bowls,
stuff!