Old 08-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Paige

Default Flowering Anubias nana?

Hello, I have a 12 gallon well established (well I think so it's about 1 1/2
years old??) tank. The anubias nana that I have growing on a piece of wood
has just shot out a stem that looks like it has a bud on the end (hasn't
opened yet).

My question is: I didn't think anubias were flowering plants? And why
after over a year is it doing this?

Thanks,
Paige

Old 08-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Aquatic-Store.com

Anubius are flowereing plants paige,
It could be many reasons why it is doing it now since it is such a
slow growing plant.

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale
Power compact bulbs and MH the lowest on the net
Eheim PRO II 2026 $143
Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75
FORUM

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php

Old 08-11-2003, 11:04 PM
Dinky

"Paige" wrote in message
k.net...
Hello, I have a 12 gallon well established (well I think so it's about 1

1/2
years old??) tank. The anubias nana that I have growing on a piece of

wood
has just shot out a stem that looks like it has a bud on the end (hasn't
opened yet).

My question is: I didn't think anubias were flowering plants? And why
after over a year is it doing this?

Thanks,
Paige

I was quite excited when mine began blooming. It started when I moved them
to a high-light tank, from the somewhat lower light environment I'd had them
in before. They now bloom continuously. Oddly enough, if you have a pleco,
it will eat the blossoms, at least IME.

Old 10-11-2003, 04:23 PM
RedForeman ©®

"Paige" wrote in message
Hello, I have a 12 gallon well established (well I think so it's about 1

1/2
years old??) tank. The anubias nana that I have growing on a piece of

wood
has just shot out a stem that looks like it has a bud on the end (hasn't
opened yet).
My question is: I didn't think anubias were flowering plants? And why
after over a year is it doing this?
Thanks,
Paige

Seems like it takes a bit of time for the anubias to get established, then
when that is done, they begin to thrive... when they've taken a good
rooting, and everything seems right, they bloom... cool huh?

my first real love's name was Paige... those were the days....

Old 11-11-2003, 02:22 AM
Paige

Thanks guys for the input. Well my anubias have, I guess, rooted well now.
The roots are growing off the driftwood and into the substrate. I can't
wait to see when it opens up.

Thanks,
Paige

Old 08-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Dick

I don't know what kind of Anubias I have, but they do have a lily
looking flower. Unfortunately, my Clown Loaches eat them. My plants
are about 6 months old and only a few have flowered.