GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Stocking a 20 Gallon Long questions... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/47668-stocking-20-gallon-long-questions.html)

Mitch 23-11-2003 01:22 AM

Stocking a 20 Gallon Long questions...

Hello Everyone,
I have a simple question to ask. I have a spare 20 gallon long tank that
I want to heavily plant and was wondering what to stock. I have been
debating a pair of kribs, 1/2 m/f ratio of Blue Rams, and someone also
suggested Rainbowfish...Please give me some more suggestions and/or
tankmates.
Thank You,

Victor Martinez 23-11-2003 04:12 PM

Stocking a 20 Gallon Long questions...

I have a 20g long tank that is heavily planted. The current occupants a
- ottos
- zebra loaches (I might move these out soon)
- pigmy cories
- rainbowfish (Melanotaenia praecox)
- cherry shrimp
- a large filter-feeding shrimp
- a yellow snail (Pomacea bridgesii)

The rainbows are particularly striking and do great in planted tanks.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Jeff Heimsch 27-11-2003 12:13 PM

Stocking a 20 Gallon Long questions...

I have a dozen small tiger barbs in my 20L. They are just great in there!!
They tend to school up an scurry from one end of the tank to the other as a
group. They really look neat.

Kudzu 27-11-2003 10:02 PM

Stocking a 20 Gallon Long questions...

I second the barbs. I started with a dozen and lost a couple. I have a 20L
in my office with Java ferns and Bolbitus fern and a few other odds and
ends. It's my smallest and probably my favorite tank

--
Kudzu *\\
The man that allways tells the truth never has to remember what he said