Old 25-11-2003, 09:22 PM
JHudson

Default Plant dilemma

Hi
I've been getting help here and actually ordered my equipment the other day
to convert my tank to a planted tank. My dilemma is originally when I
talked to the LFS the plant order was coming in Dec 7, which was good my
other stuff was coming Dec 1 or 2. So I got them to bring in certain plants
for me and then I get a call saying that they will be here Thursday which is
before I will have the tank readied for them. What can I do with these
plants in the meanwhile? Can I leave the way they come and just put them in
the tank, I don't want to mess with them too much as there are a couple
crypts in the bunch and they are touchier from what I read. The LFS also
couldn't get my Java Fern this order, just the crypts and anubias will their
be any troubles regarding that(ie disturbing the other plants later by
planting the JF, the other two being slower growing). I just hope I don't
have a pending disaster on my hands.

--
JHudson
Sure. Fine. Whatever. -Syzygy

Old 25-11-2003, 10:03 PM
RedForeman ©®

you'll be fine, just put in what plants you DO have, and when the others
come in, you won't disturb anything by just planting more plants... Trust
me, you'll be disturbing things enough after you 'think' you are done...
you'll end up re-arranging them several times before you are 'really'
done... done....

--

RedForeman ©®

Old 26-11-2003, 04:17 AM
Djay

And then you won't really be done! Gotta mow the stem plants and thin out
the crypt forrest etc.

Old 26-11-2003, 06:14 PM
Isaac

What about asking the LFS to hold onto them until you're ready?
You could even go ahead and pay for them if they're concerned for any
reason...

Isaac

Old 27-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Kudzu

The LFS also couldn't get my Java Fern this order

I have tons of Java if you need some. I hate to toss them out. Read the post
above here "Almost free ferns"

--
Kudzu *\\
The man that always tells the truth never has to remember what he said