Old 01-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Giancarlo Podio

Default Lobelia Cardinlais: Leaves curling downward

I have the small form. The leaves do tend to curl downwards and the
older leaves sometimes more than normal however I'm referring to their
normal shape. If yours are curling back a lot more than normal then I
guess it could be a nutrient issue. If the leaves are wrinkled or bent
it could be calcium, but I have yet to notice any nutrient
deficiencies with my lobelia besides potassium deficiency. I find most
of my other plants show deficiencies long before the lobelia does. Is
it happening with new grwoth too?

Regards
Giancarlo Podio

"alex crouvier" wrote in message ...
I have some Lobelia Cardinalis (Large form) in my 4-feet tank and
its leaves are beginning to curl downward and inward. The whole plants
look healthy, leaves look green. I couldn't be sure if this is a sign of
nutrient deficiency. Other plants are doing OK. I have more than
200 watt of CF lighting and regular dose of Tetra & Seachem ferts every
week at H20 change. I also have a combo of dennerle, JBL & root tablet
underneath my fine sand substrate.

Can anybody help to enlighten a bit here?

a.c.