Old 05-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Dustin The-Wind

Default A Java Moss Failure :'-(

Over the last two years I have order "at least" a 1/2 pound of this
plant.

And it just fades away....

My Java Ferns, Swords, etc. all do fine ..

Is this plants worth the effort. I like the way it looks .. in pictures
.. and it looks great when it arrives .. then .. WHAT"S THE SECRET!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2003, 03:34 PM
Dunter Powries

Dustin The-Wind wrote in message
Over the last two years I have order "at least" a 1/2 pound of this
plant.

And it just fades away....

My Java Ferns, Swords, etc. all do fine ..

Is this plants worth the effort. I like the way it looks .. in pictures
. and it looks great when it arrives .. then .. WHAT"S THE SECRET!!!!!!

Re-order one more time from a different source. There are two (that I know
of) commercially available varieties of java moss and one is more suitable
for terrariums than aquariums. I've never met an lfs that could tell them
apart.

kush

Old 05-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Dan Norgard

I would suggest patience...all mine looked like they were done for after a
week or two, then a few weeks later came back strong. You might try putting
the 'dead' ones in a jar on a sunny window to see if lighting is the answer.
Dan

Old 05-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Ghazanfar Ghori

SAE's will eat it. It also competes poorly for nutrients with other plants.
Try keeping some in a 5.5 G tank by itself.

Old 08-12-2003, 02:33 AM
E.Otter

My mom is a fanactic gardener and her motto is "never give up on a plant
until you've killed it three times." Her persistance pays off more often
than you think.

Keep trying,
E.Otter