Old 05-12-2003, 07:03 PM
Dustin The-Wind

Default Marimo Algae Balls ?

Attached Files
File Type: (463 Bytes, 180 views)
Old 05-12-2003, 07:12 PM
RedForeman ©®

I wish I had the picture, but a fellow aquariast, took a tribble, baseball
sized, put it in a 3g bowl, hung a light above it, and a couple months
later, it was basketball sized.... there's a picture floating around the net
somewhere....

--

RedForeman ©®

"Dustin The-Wind" wrote in message
Thanks for the input. Giving the Java Moss it's own tank and trying
different approaches is an excellent idea.

I have a 10 gal and a 2-1/2 gal tank that aren't doing anything .

I had been debating over getting 5 of these Star Trek Truffle loonk'in
algae balls and giving them their own tank.

..or..

Should I experiment with another pound of Java Moss ..$ame Price..

Anyone have experience with this plant?

(Below is a link/info on the Marimo Algae Balls)

----

click here
The Marimo of Lake Akan

Old 08-12-2003, 12:03 AM
sander7114

Thanks for the input. Giving the Java Moss it's own tank and trying
different approaches is an excellent idea.

I have a 10 gal and a 2-1/2 gal tank that aren't doing anything .

I had been debating over getting 5 of these Star Trek Truffle loonk'in
algae balls and giving them their own tank.

Those "tribble" looking things are pretty interesting. I believe that it is
called cladophora. Here's a link to a picture of the one I've got:

http://home.mindspring.com/~awoo1