Old 08-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Markyt

Default All-Glass CF 110W Light Strip for 46 Bow Front Tank 10,000K?

I'm contemplating purchasing one of the new All-Glass 36", 110 watt CF light
strips for my All-Glass 46G bow-front tank. I want to plant live plants as
wells as stock it with fish (Cichlids, most likely). My question is, would
the 10,000K bulbs that come with the strip light be good to use with plants,
or should I opt for the cooler 6500K bulbs for the plants? If I have to
purchase the bulbs separetly I may go another route and retrofit an old
strip light. If the 10,000K will do a good job I would just as soon use the
All-Glass stock strip light/bulb configuration.

Thanks for any help........Mark

Old 09-12-2003, 05:32 PM
Giancarlo Podio

The bulbs that come with these fixtures are the GE 9325K. There was
some talk about them on the APD last month. IMO they are among the
best for plants, not very good as far as CRI goes but I have balanced
that out using some different bulbs. In my low light tank they have
brought out the colors in the red plants like no other bulb has done
for me in the past.

I recommend you keep the bulbs or sell them to me

Giancarlo Podio