GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Weather Loach and Laterite (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/48361-weather-loach-laterite.html)

LtWolfe 09-12-2003 07:03 PM

Weather Loach and Laterite

Hi, I'm setting up another 55 gallon planted with laterite on the bottom
with 2" playsand on top. I really want some weather loachs and some MTS,
but I was wondering if they would stir the laterite up any with their
digging?

Thanks

Lepomis_Man

RedForeman ©® 09-12-2003 08:12 PM

Weather Loach and Laterite

the MTS alone, will mix that around, and the loaches usually don't burrow,
as they prefer to hide, or just lay around... the MTS will, I guarantee, mix
your substrate, over and over again...

--

RedForeman ©®

. ..

LtWolfe 10-12-2003 05:02 AM

Weather Loach and Laterite

So, it's a "no-go" as far as laterite getting into the water column?

Thanks

Lepomis_Man

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in
:

the MTS alone, will mix that around, and the loaches usually don't
burrow, as they prefer to hide, or just lay around... the MTS will, I
guarantee, mix your substrate, over and over again...

--

RedForeman ©®

. ..

RedForeman ©® 10-12-2003 05:14 PM

Weather Loach and Laterite

they won't put it in the water column, they'll put your sand on the bottom,
and your laterite on top, in time...

I wouldn't worry about it, it's an aesthetics, visual thing... If you've got
red laterite on bottom and gray sand on top, it WILL mix....

--

RedForeman ©®

"LtWolfe" wrote in message
. ..
So, it's a "no-go" as far as laterite getting into the water column?

Thanks

Lepomis_Man

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in
:

the MTS alone, will mix that around, and the loaches usually don't
burrow, as they prefer to hide, or just lay around... the MTS will, I
guarantee, mix your substrate, over and over again...

--

RedForeman ©®

. ..

LtWolfe 10-12-2003 10:48 PM

Weather Loach and Laterite

Ah, OK I see now! Thanks a bunch!! :)

Lepomis_Man

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in
:

they won't put it in the water column, they'll put your sand on the
bottom, and your laterite on top, in time...

I wouldn't worry about it, it's an aesthetics, visual thing... If
you've got red laterite on bottom and gray sand on top, it WILL
mix....

--

RedForeman ©®

"LtWolfe" wrote in message
. ..
So, it's a "no-go" as far as laterite getting into the water column?

Thanks

Lepomis_Man

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in
:

the MTS alone, will mix that around, and the loaches usually don't
burrow, as they prefer to hide, or just lay around... the MTS will,
I guarantee, mix your substrate, over and over again...

--

RedForeman ©®

. ..