GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Coralife PowerCompact Flourescent fixture question - good for plants? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/48408-coralife-powercompact-flourescent-fixture-question-good-plants.html)

Sidney 10-12-2003 04:05 PM

Coralife PowerCompact Flourescent fixture question - good for plants?

http://www.esuweb.com/cardfile.asp?I...ationshi p=36

Can this fixture be converted to 4 6700K lights? Do I need to add fans to
the Actinic side of the light? Should I run a pair of 10,000 lights and a
pair of 6700K lights? How do I use/convert this 4 x 65W light to something
better for plants? Do I just need new lamps?

My multiple calls to ESU customer service have resulted in nothing but a
bigger phone bill. They have done nothing but waste my time so, I may just
move on to something else. I really like the form factor of the light and
the wattage though, so I would like to figure out how to make this work.
The greater efficiency and lower heat generation are an advantage I would
like to keep with my 4 foot long 55 gallon tank.

THANKS!

Dunter Powries 10-12-2003 04:05 PM

Sidney wrote in message

http://www.esuweb.com/cardfile.asp?I...ationshi p=36

Can this fixture be converted to 4 6700K lights? Do I need to add fans to
the Actinic side of the light? Should I run a pair of 10,000 lights and a
pair of 6700K lights? How do I use/convert this 4 x 65W light to

something
better for plants? Do I just need new lamps?

My multiple calls to ESU customer service have resulted in nothing but a
bigger phone bill. They have done nothing but waste my time so, I may

just
move on to something else. I really like the form factor of the light and
the wattage though, so I would like to figure out how to make this work.
The greater efficiency and lower heat generation are an advantage I would
like to keep with my 4 foot long 55 gallon tank.

THANKS!

I got the UltraLife SunSpot (private label) version of this product, and
it's fine and yes, the 10,000k lamps should definetly be swapped out for
lower k's, anything between roughly 5300k and 6700k. Unfortunately, they
will not the substitute lamps.

See the bottom of the specials page at
http://www.ultralifedirect.com/specials.htm for the 48" hood at $250. I've
bought from them several times with good results.

kush

Dunter Powries 10-12-2003 04:06 PM

Dunter Powries wrote in message news:...
See the bottom of the specials page at
http://www.ultralifedirect.com/specials.htm for the 48" hood at $250.

Sorry, make that $269.99

kush