Old 11-12-2003, 04:45 AM
Nsty N8

Default Clippard needle valves

Hello...
I'm going to the "Fluid Control Products" store tomarrow. It turns out that
it's a ~half mile from my house...
Anyways, they carry clippard needle valves.Nice.
Can some1 here give me a recommended part number?
Does clippard carry in line needle valves, or do they screw on to the regulator
itself?
Am I going to need some sort of reducer barb? Are these reducer barbs common to
non fishkeepers?

Your advice or input will be appreciated.
Hey, it's only been 6 years of DIY

N8
Old 11-12-2003, 05:44 AM
Nsty N8

Hello...
I'm going to the "Fluid Control Products" store tomarrow. It turns out that
it's a ~half mile from my house...
Anyways, they carry clippard needle valves.Nice.
Can some1 here give me a recommended part number?
Does clippard carry in line needle valves, or do they screw on to the
regulator
itself?
Am I going to need some sort of reducer barb? Are these reducer barbs common
non fishkeepers?

Your advice or input will be appreciated.
Hey, it's only been 6 years of DIY

N8

O.k. after reading Co2 articles for the last 5 hrs and masny beeeers layter..
I found the actual part number for the clippard needle valve, it's MNV-4K.
I read that I also need "An adapter that connects valve to 1/8" NPT female
fitting" and a 1/8" hose barb.

What is NPT?
Also, what material is CO2 proof tubing?

N8

Old 11-12-2003, 06:16 AM
Bob Alston

NPT is National Pipe Thread. It is a standard of sizing of pipe threads
used in the USA.

I use the Clippard MNV-4k2 - it has a hose barb on one end and a threaded
end on the other. You can either connect it directly to the regulator (like
I did) or make it go inline. To use it inline, you just need the adapter to
adapt the threaded end to a hose barb. To use it inline, you need to remove
whatever "large needle" and if like mine a shutoff valve from the output end
of the regulator. You then need the proper adapters to connect the Clippard
valve to the regulator.

Take a look at this document on my web site for more info and specific
parts. If you are considering connecting it to your regulator, I STRONGLY
recommend you take in your regulator with you so you can be sure to get the
right parts.

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/...O2%20Setup.htm

For more information on high pressure co2 (I know you have read a lot
already) I have assembled what I think are the best articles on the web on
co2 for planted aquaria.

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/...Pressure%20CO2

--
Bob Alston