GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lighting failed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/49050-lighting-failed.html)

JAMES STACY BISHOP 23-12-2003 05:33 AM

Lighting failed

Hello group,
I have a 46 gallon bow front tank with an all-glass 36" CF 110w hood. Its a
freshwater setup with lots of plants and about 24 fish (angelfish, clown
loaches, neon tetra's and a couple Ram's). last Sunday my all-glass hood
stopped working. Not sure why, I thought it was the ballast. I couldn't
find any LFS that had what I was looking for as a replacement so I purchased
a 36" dual coralife aqualite online from hellolights.com. I don't think It
will arrive for at least 4 more day's. do you think my fish and plants will
survive the wait?
any advice in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Greg G. 23-12-2003 06:42 AM

Lighting failed

JAMES STACY BISHOP said:

any advice in this matter is appreciated.

The fish could care less, the plants should be OK for a few days.

Greg G.

Carlos 24-12-2003 03:03 PM

Lighting failed

the fish will be fine, the plants will survive a few days. do u have a ny
other means of directing a light to them, sunlight, window near?

James 24-12-2003 04:37 PM

Lighting failed

I just checked the ups tracking number for my new lamps and it looks like I
wont be receiving them until the 29th of December. that would make it 8
days without light.
I was assured on the phone by the shipping department I would receive them
no later than the 26th.

oh well.

James

--