GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   "Bits of Walnut" gravel ... does it affect water chemistry? OK for planted tank? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/49371-bits-walnut-gravel-does-affect-water-chemistry-ok-planted-tank.html)

Harry Muscle 30-12-2003 02:45 PM

"Bits of Walnut" gravel ... does it affect water chemistry? OK for planted tank?

I'm thinking of using "Big Al's Natural Bits of Walnut" gravel to mix 50/50
with fluorite for my planted tank. I'm curious though if anyone knows if
this stuff affects water chemistry. I can't find this stuff in store, only
online, so I'm wondering if anyone know if this stuff is very similar in
size and looks to "Estes Bits of Walnut/Natural Walnut"? Do you think it's
a good grain size for a planted tank? Any input is appreciated as to
whether I should use this stuff or not.

Thanks,
Harry