Old 06-01-2004, 07:03 AM
nitrate 0

Default my plants stop pearling after replacing the bulbs with azoo coral blue light

I never tested my water perimeter but I consider I am not off track when I
saw my plants keep on pearling after several hours when the light on daily.

Trying to improve the condition, I bought Azoo coral blue light to replace
my existing bulbs, ordinary shoplight Philips TLD. My idea, if the light
works well with coral then it should be worked even better with plants.

To my frustration, my plants stopped from produce any bubble. I do not feel
lack of co2 is the problem. My co2 injection is constant 2-3 bubble per
second or in other word just like before I change the bulbs. I also
fertilised the plants like what I did previously.

Am I making a big and silly mistake by changing the bulb ? But the blue
light give more pleasant looking.

Old 06-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Nwwise01

Trying to improve the condition, I bought Azoo coral blue light to replace
my existing bulbs, ordinary shoplight Philips TLD. My idea, if the light
works well with coral then it should be worked even better with plants.

Why would the situation need improving if your plants are healthy?

Am I making a big and silly mistake by changing the bulb ? But the blue
light give more pleasant looking.

Try using full spectrum (daylight) bulbs for a pleasing, natural and healthy
alternative to your old shop lights.

N. Wise
Old 06-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Dunter Powries

nitrate 0 wrote in message
I never tested my water perimeter but I consider I am not off track when I
saw my plants keep on pearling after several hours when the light on

daily.

Trying to improve the condition, I bought Azoo coral blue light to replace
my existing bulbs, ordinary shoplight Philips TLD. My idea, if the light
works well with coral then it should be worked even better with plants.

To my frustration, my plants stopped from produce any bubble. I do not

feel
lack of co2 is the problem. My co2 injection is constant 2-3 bubble per
second or in other word just like before I change the bulbs. I also
fertilised the plants like what I did previously.

Am I making a big and silly mistake by changing the bulb ? But the blue
light give more pleasant looking.

Coral blue is the wrong spectrum for plants. Look for a bulb with
temperature between about 5300° and 6700°. It will appear much more
'yellow.'

Old 06-01-2004, 04:42 PM
Carlos

wrong spectrum, try 6700 K, i have two and the plants are very beautiful.
blue light is to mimmic deep ocean water, like most corals like, plants dont
grow very deep they are acustomed to another spectrum, 5000-6700K. too much
blue light can increase algae growth.

take care.

Old 07-01-2004, 02:42 AM
nitrate 0

I think I should agree with you. I replaced the azoo bulbs with my old bulbs
and the plants started to pearl again.

I just wasting my money . Maybe I should ask first before doing any
experiment.

Old 07-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Dan Drake

"Carlos" wrote in message
wrong spectrum, try 6700 K, i have two and the plants are very beautiful.
blue light is to mimmic deep ocean water, like most corals like, plants

dont
grow very deep they are acustomed to another spectrum, 5000-6700K. too

much
blue light can increase algae growth.

A good thing to remember: the surface of the Sun is at about 5500 K. The
lights don't exactly mimic that spectrum, but a _much_ higher (bluer)
number indicates light quite unlike anything a fresh-water plant sees in
nature.

--
Dan Drake

http://www.dandrake.com

Old 18-01-2004, 12:33 PM
mythicality

Hmm, I recently put a "hot rod" ballast replacement on my 25 tall. It has
one side with blue and the other with more yellow, and since then I have had
much more filamentous algae. Do you think a bulb replacement might fix the
problem?

-}o