Old 07-01-2004, 08:55 PM
Greg

Default best filter for 55-gal planted tank w/ CO2?

Hi,

I have a 6-month old 55-gal heavily planted tank and I inject CO2.
I've been running filterless since the beginning, but would like to
add an external filter of some kind to provide mechanical filtration
and water movement.

Any suggestions? And what turnover rate is recommended?

Also, do any of you utilize any type of chemical filtration in your
planted tanks (carbon, Chemi-Pure, Purigen, etc.)? Is this needed? I
guess a better question might be whether or not there exists a
chemical medium that doesn't remove the vital goodies from the water
in a planted tank..?

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Jason Allen Finnigan

I would try the Emperor 400 or the Magnum 350 or Magnum 350 Deluxe there
both canisters that work great
om...

Old 08-01-2004, 12:32 AM
Bob Alston

Use a canister not a HOB type like the emperor mentioned earlier. YOu don't
want surface agitation with co2 injection.

--
Bob Alston

bobalston9 AT aol DOT com
. com...