GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lighting question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/50294-lighting-question.html)

Trina 14-01-2004 10:04 PM

Lighting question

Hi all, I'm fairly new to the world of Aquaria, but I have been
reading and studying fish, plants, water levels, etc.. like crazy.
I bought my tank 5 weeks ago, it's a 44 gallon (tall) 5 sided tank. It
has the two sides that fit in the corner, like so.. |_ and then the 3
sides at the front.
My question (as the subject line says)what is considered medium
lighting? I have a dinky little fluorescent tube and on the hood it
says 17 watts (not sure if this is the hood/tube or what). I have
spaces for two of these hoods on the top of the tank.
I would like to grow 1 maybe 2 really nice large plants but most of
the ones I like, ask for med-high lighting.
(http://192.38.244.204/go.asp?article=217) I do not want the whole
C02, DIY hood, planted aquarium setup, just a couple large, attractive
plants.
Any answers/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Trina

Happy'Cam'per 15-01-2004 08:32 AM

Lighting question

Hello Trina

Generally about 2 - 2.5 watts should grow you most plants. Make sure you
have a nice soil substrate. You may want to do a search on the Diana Walstad
method, I'm sure this would appeal to you :)
--
**So long, and thanks for all the fish!**

Trina 15-01-2004 08:12 PM

Lighting question

"Happy'Cam'per" wrote in message ...
Hello Trina

Generally about 2 - 2.5 watts should grow you most plants. Make sure you
have a nice soil substrate. You may want to do a search on the Diana Walstad
method, I'm sure this would appeal to you :)

Thanks Happy :)
When you say 2 - 2.5 watts, do you mean wpg?.. I'm sure that's what you mean..lol

Trina